none
Modern IE10 now shows Favorites?

Question

• I noticed today on my laptop running Win8 Pro 64-bit that the Modern-style IE10 now shows favorites when you click on the address bar rather than just frequently-visited pages. When was this functionality added? I usually use my desktop that also has Win8 Pro 64-bit and I could not access favorites in the app-bar, only frequent pages last time I checked. I won't be able to use my desktop for the next few days so I can't check if this capability was added there or not, but could someone inform me whether this is proper functionality for IE10? Was this added in an update or is it some hidden setting for Modern IE10?

Anyone have an answer to this? I'm now using my desktop and I cannot find a way to enable Favorites in the Modern browser. It should be there based on what I can tell (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/add-view-organize-favorites#ie=ie-10 ), but I can't find a way to make it so.

• Edited by The_D0lph1n Monday, November 26, 2012 1:07 AM
    Thursday, November 22, 2012 10:07 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Both the frequently items and the favorites items will be showed when clicking on the address bar in Metro Style Internet Explorer 10. If you have pined websites, all of them will be displayed.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/favorites-pinning#firstTabControl=tab1

It is a proper functionality for Internet Explorer 10. You don't need to add an update for it.

Niki Han
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, November 26, 2012 8:50 AM
  • Ah, but how to organize and rename them? I have one credit card site called, unhelpfully, Login. And how do I organize my dozens of favorites into folders? Some web sites, especially government ones, are very difficult to find and need a permanent bookmark. Not all web surfing is "gee, what's Lindsay Lohan doing?" I'd like to import my bookmarks from Chrome, but I'm reluctant to dump them all into IE10.
    Monday, January 07, 2013 4:20 PM
  • I'd like to import my bookmarks from Chrome, but I'm reluctant to dump them all into IE10.

They would still work in the IE Desktop, same as ever.   And in the IE Modern UI as long as you have AutoComplete for Address bar enabled you can find your Favorites in it by typing bits of URL Title and Favorites names (maybe even bits of Favorites paths) to find them that way.
    Monday, January 07, 2013 6:41 PM