none
Taskbar and the Control Panel

Question

• I have tried to get the Control Panel on the new taskbar, either by a new icon (by dragging and dropping into an empty space) or by putting it into the Windows Explorer jumplist (by dragging it onto the folder icon) with no luck.  I know I can get to it using the start menu but if I can get it directly onto the taskbar for easy access, or into a jumplist that would be best.

When dragging it into any of these positions, I get a red "no" icon saying I can't do it. Can anybody else do this?
    Wednesday, January 28, 2009 1:08 AM

Answers

• Muteki99 said:

I have tried to get the Control Panel on the new taskbar, either by a new icon (by dragging and dropping into an empty space) or by putting it into the Windows Explorer jumplist (by dragging it onto the folder icon) with no luck.  I know I can get to it using the start menu but if I can get it directly onto the taskbar for easy access, or into a jumplist that would be best.

When dragging it into any of these positions, I get a red "no" icon saying I can't do it. Can anybody else do this?

Muteki99 

I have found how to pin the Control Panel to the Taskbar.

·         Open the Control Panel

·         Right click it’s icon on the task bar and select “Pin this program to taskbar.”

• Proposed as answer by DarienHawk67 Wednesday, January 28, 2009 3:45 AM
    • Edited by DarienHawk67 Wednesday, January 28, 2009 3:49 AM Added image
    • Marked as answer by Muteki99 Wednesday, January 28, 2009 4:23 AM
    Wednesday, January 28, 2009 3:45 AM

All replies

•  

I experienced the same issue.  I fully agree that anything you can pin the Start Menu should be able to be pinned to the Taskbar.

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 3:34 AM
  • Muteki99 said:

I have tried to get the Control Panel on the new taskbar, either by a new icon (by dragging and dropping into an empty space) or by putting it into the Windows Explorer jumplist (by dragging it onto the folder icon) with no luck.  I know I can get to it using the start menu but if I can get it directly onto the taskbar for easy access, or into a jumplist that would be best.

Muteki99 

I have found how to pin the Control Panel to the Taskbar.

·         Open the Control Panel

·         Right click it’s icon on the task bar and select “Pin this program to taskbar.”

• Proposed as answer by DarienHawk67 Wednesday, January 28, 2009 3:45 AM
    • Edited by DarienHawk67 Wednesday, January 28, 2009 3:49 AM Added image
    • Marked as answer by Muteki99 Wednesday, January 28, 2009 4:23 AM
    Wednesday, January 28, 2009 3:45 AM
  • Thanks Darien, should have known it was something that simple.
    Wednesday, January 28, 2009 4:24 AM
  • I had a similar problem - I wanted to drag, or copy the "Internet Options" icon from the control panel to either the start menu or the task bar but I also get the red NO! icon

You can right click on it to create a shortcut, but that only goes to the desktop. If you right click on the shortcut on the desktop - you can make a shortcut of the shortcut too - very nice ;-)

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 12:56 PM