none
How to turn off search history

Question

• How do i turn off the history in windows media player so it doesn't show a list of movie last watched. Also how do i turn the search history for windows 7.

Thnaks

Blair
    Tuesday, June 09, 2009 7:54 PM

Answers

• blair99,

Oh... That's the jump list. You can right click on each item and choose 'remove from this list'. Or you can turn off the jump lists. Right click on the start orb, and choose properties. Then while on the 'Start Menu' tab, click the 'Customize' button. At the bottom of this new window are two options for 'Number of recent programs to display' and 'Number of recent items to display in Jump lists'.
    Set them both to zero and you will see no listing.
    Thursday, June 11, 2009 11:10 PM
  • Blair,

To disable Windows Media Player 12 history feature, right-click anywhere in the top navigation bar and navigate through the Tools folder to the Options Menu. In this menu, navigate to the Security tab. From the bottom portion of this menu, you can individually uncheck different types of content that Windows Media Player will "remember."
    -Alex
    Wednesday, June 10, 2009 12:50 AM

All replies

• Blair,

To disable Windows Media Player 12 history feature, right-click anywhere in the top navigation bar and navigate through the Tools folder to the Options Menu. In this menu, navigate to the Security tab. From the bottom portion of this menu, you can individually uncheck different types of content that Windows Media Player will "remember."
    -Alex
    Wednesday, June 10, 2009 12:50 AM
  • Thanks axfelix,

Bur what navigation bat you talking about i can't find what you are talking about i think i looked all over.

Also anyones know how to turn off the search history basically all history all to gether i don't want people to be able to see what site or files i am opening.
    Wednesday, June 10, 2009 9:05 PM
  • blair,

Sorry, I was just referring to the top area of the player - where you right-click to get the ordinary Edit and Tools menus, etc.
    -Alex
    Wednesday, June 10, 2009 9:28 PM
  • blair99,

The other way to get that toolbar to show up is to just press the alt key.
    Thursday, June 11, 2009 1:39 AM
  • ok that doesn't do anything i unchecked everything that was there. And it didn't work. I got to the task bar and still right click on the windows media player and it still shows the videos i have bin watching lately. It   says frequent: then lists them.
    Thursday, June 11, 2009 7:02 PM
  • blair99,

Oh... That's the jump list. You can right click on each item and choose 'remove from this list'. Or you can turn off the jump lists. Right click on the start orb, and choose properties. Then while on the 'Start Menu' tab, click the 'Customize' button. At the bottom of this new window are two options for 'Number of recent programs to display' and 'Number of recent items to display in Jump lists'.
    Thursday, June 11, 2009 11:10 PM
  • blair99,

Set the "number of recent items to display" to zero and you shouldn't see the frequently watched/recent items anymore. This worked for me.
    Thursday, July 09, 2009 10:09 PM