none
Logitech Microphone not Working in Windows 7

Question

• Hey guys, I've searched Google for atleast five hours trying to find a fix for this problem. It seems like a lot of people have this same exact problem. I just recently installed Windows 7 yesterday, I had Windows XP Media Centre Edition before. My mic worked in XP, but now it's not working in W7. I go to my sound settings, and the only devices shown are "Digital Audio (S/PDIF) in recording devices, and  the same thing plus Speakers in Playback. There isn't a microphone setting to switch it to. I already have show disabled devices and everything checked. I think it's a driver problem, because there is one device in my Device Manager listed as "Unknown Device" I would greatly appreciate any help you guys can give me towards this problem. Thanks!
    Friday, March 05, 2010 8:50 PM

Answers

• Hi VeilsideDrift51,

First, go to Start, type Troubleshooting in the Start Search box and then press ENTER. Click Troubleshoot audio recording and complete the wizard to see if the culprit can be found.

If the issue cannot be resolved, please update your sound card driver to the latest one and see if the issue can be resolved. If the issue persists, please check if there is any sound card software installed such as Creative Console, please double check if the microphone is unmuted.

Also, please check if the issue occurs in all microphone jacks. Besides, you can check the motherboard to see if the microphone jack is enabled.

For more information, please refer to: Connect a microphone, music player, or other audio device to your computer.

If the issue still exists, please use Speech Recognition to test Microphone

============================

1. Please click Start, type “Speech Recognition” (without quotation marks) and press Enter.

2. Click “Set up microphone” and follow the Microphone setup wizard.

3. When you reach “Adjust the microphone volume”, please note if the volume bar moves from yellow to red.

Is the Setup wizard complete? If the microphone works properly, we can eliminate hardware problem from the possible causes of the issue. Please check to see if the issue persists in the Third-party software.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Linda

• Marked as answer by Linda Yan Friday, March 12, 2010 2:10 AM
    Monday, March 08, 2010 6:38 AM

All replies

• bump
    Saturday, March 06, 2010 1:30 AM
  • Hi VeilsideDrift51,

First, go to Start, type Troubleshooting in the Start Search box and then press ENTER. Click Troubleshoot audio recording and complete the wizard to see if the culprit can be found.

If the issue cannot be resolved, please update your sound card driver to the latest one and see if the issue can be resolved. If the issue persists, please check if there is any sound card software installed such as Creative Console, please double check if the microphone is unmuted.

Also, please check if the issue occurs in all microphone jacks. Besides, you can check the motherboard to see if the microphone jack is enabled.

For more information, please refer to: Connect a microphone, music player, or other audio device to your computer.

If the issue still exists, please use Speech Recognition to test Microphone

============================

1. Please click Start, type “Speech Recognition” (without quotation marks) and press Enter.

2. Click “Set up microphone” and follow the Microphone setup wizard.

3. When you reach “Adjust the microphone volume”, please note if the volume bar moves from yellow to red.

Is the Setup wizard complete? If the microphone works properly, we can eliminate hardware problem from the possible causes of the issue. Please check to see if the issue persists in the Third-party software.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Linda

• Marked as answer by Linda Yan Friday, March 12, 2010 2:10 AM
    Monday, March 08, 2010 6:38 AM
  • Hi Linda,

Just a quick note to say thanks I found your answer helpful. I followed your instructions with my Logitech microphone and the device started working. I also changed the Microphone Properties->Levels->Microphone to 100 and left the Microphone Boost as 0.0 dB.

My microphone is now fit for purpose to enable me to record my exam revision notes on my MP3 player.

Kind Regards,

Kieran.

If you have found any of my posts helpful then please vote them as helpful. Kieran Wood PGD SoftDev (Open), MBCS http://uk.linkedin.com/in/bileeds
    Thursday, August 12, 2010 5:48 PM
  • Its just  due to missing driver . just find out your soundcard's manufacturer and download new driver from internet.
    Monday, August 23, 2010 1:05 PM
  • many thanks to Google and of course to Linda Yan, problem solved
    Friday, July 01, 2011 9:04 PM
  • I have been having the same problem as everybody else, but nothing suggested by anybody anywhere I have been can fix it. I have the logitech A-0375A headset. It has always worked fine, but it just stopped working out of nowhere and I can't find any possible solution. My computer can see that it is there, but I get no input from the mic other than to say that it exists.
    Thursday, October 17, 2013 3:41 AM