Pregunta

• i have a problem with the ati display driver,
    every time a play a game for about 10 mins it just crashes
    i have the lastest win7 drivers from the site, i have a 4850
    can anybody help please??
    miércoles, 05 de agosto de 2009 21:36

Respuestas

• Hello,

First you might go to Device Manager, right click your hardware device in the list and select Update Driver Software; then click Search automatically for updated driver software.

Note: Drivers on the Windows Update site are directly provided by hardware manufacturers. Microsoft tests drivers in various environments before they are published; however, we cannot guarantee all drivers will work on all hardware platforms as there are too many different models, although their hardware ID are the same as the standard version. In some cases, due to hardware modifications by different manufacturers, the driver updates may cause some error.

If it does not work on your issue, I'd suggest you installing the Vista driver in Compatibility mode. Remove and rescan that hardware device in Device Manager, right-click on the driver executable/installer file -> Properties and select the Compatibility tab; click the checkbox before Run this program in Compatibility mode for option and select Windows Vista in the list-down box; then try installing the device driver. In addition, you can use the Windows XP driver for testing.

Meanwhile, please understand that Windows 7 is a new operating system and whole driverstore has been reprogrammed; you might wait or push the device manufacturer to upgrade its driver. Thanks for your time and understanding!

For more details, please look at the first Sticky thread at the top of this forum.

What can I do if my hardware does not work?

This will give you some guidelines.

Good Luck!

Andy

• Marcado como respuesta Andy Song jueves, 13 de agosto de 2009 10:04
    lunes, 10 de agosto de 2009 11:49

Todas las respuestas

• What is your hardware? (processor, board, ram,etc.)

Did you make sure the card or other components are not overheating?

"Latest driver from the site" means ATI's site (amd.com) and not another site?

Hello! Please try every solution given to your problem...and reply back, promptly if possible with its results...

Click here for my thread on Win7 min. system requirements
    - JoelbX
    miércoles, 05 de agosto de 2009 21:48
  • ive got an amd athlon 64 x2 6000+
    asus M2N board
    4gb of ram
    yupp 9.7 win7 drivers from amd.com
    miércoles, 05 de agosto de 2009 21:59
  • I suppose the previous drivers (9.6 or below) worked fine?

Dos this happen on every game?

What win7 build are you running?

did you do any weird tweaks to your system?

have you done a virus scan lately?
    Hello! Please try every solution given to your problem...and reply back, promptly if possible with its results...

Click here for my thread on Win7 min. system requirements
    - JoelbX
    miércoles, 05 de agosto de 2009 22:33
  • well i went strait from windows vista to installing 9.7 on windows 7,
    yupp this happens on every game, apart form diablo 2 for some reason
    im running build 7100
    nope no tweaks
    nope, nt since i installed win7 but ill try that now!
    jueves, 06 de agosto de 2009 11:58
  • The first question was "I suppose the previous drivers worked fine?", you didn't quite answer it...did the games (any games or similar application) work on your previous install of vista?

Try unistalling the graphics card in the device manager and then reboting your machine and installing the version 9.6 drivers.
    jueves, 06 de agosto de 2009 12:26
  • oh sorry, yes all installs of games in vista worked absolutly fine, no problem,
    i have recently uninstalled the drivers for my card and used the default ones that win7 downloads but they still come up with the same problem
    where could i get the earlier drivers?

jueves, 06 de agosto de 2009 16:07
  • Hello,

First you might go to Device Manager, right click your hardware device in the list and select Update Driver Software; then click Search automatically for updated driver software.

Note: Drivers on the Windows Update site are directly provided by hardware manufacturers. Microsoft tests drivers in various environments before they are published; however, we cannot guarantee all drivers will work on all hardware platforms as there are too many different models, although their hardware ID are the same as the standard version. In some cases, due to hardware modifications by different manufacturers, the driver updates may cause some error.

If it does not work on your issue, I'd suggest you installing the Vista driver in Compatibility mode. Remove and rescan that hardware device in Device Manager, right-click on the driver executable/installer file -> Properties and select the Compatibility tab; click the checkbox before Run this program in Compatibility mode for option and select Windows Vista in the list-down box; then try installing the device driver. In addition, you can use the Windows XP driver for testing.

Meanwhile, please understand that Windows 7 is a new operating system and whole driverstore has been reprogrammed; you might wait or push the device manufacturer to upgrade its driver. Thanks for your time and understanding!

For more details, please look at the first Sticky thread at the top of this forum.

What can I do if my hardware does not work?

This will give you some guidelines.

Good Luck!

Andy

• Marcado como respuesta Andy Song jueves, 13 de agosto de 2009 10:04
    lunes, 10 de agosto de 2009 11:49
  • Wow Andy great contribution. How many more times can you copy and paste your help that doesn't help.
    lunes, 22 de agosto de 2011 20:40
  • tengo un problema con el controlador de pantalla ATI,
    cada vez que juegan a un juego por cerca de 10 minutos sólo se bloquea
    tengo los drivers win7 lastest del sitio, tengo un 4850
    ¿Alguien puede ayudarme por favor?

martes, 04 de junio de 2013 7:35
  • Did you get the latest beta drivers or the stable version of the drivers?

The Motley Tech - A Tech Tutorial/Commentary Blog http://themotleytech.wordpress.com

viernes, 07 de junio de 2013 17:33