none
Office 2003 is broke

Pregunta

• I have been using office 2003 for years now to advertise my business VIA email...until 2 or 3 days ago. I have a Windows 7 PC and my email just stopped working. Every time I try to do a detect and repair I get an error 1919 that asks me to make sure the MS Access Database is in the registry and that I can access it. I cannot successfully reinstall the Office program from the disk for the same reason...Something seems to be missing from the registry. I thought it was the MDAC but I checked the registry and there it was version 6.1.7601.17514 with adequate permissions to get the job done. I am a retired Systems Analyst and I have spent hours trying to figure this thing out with no luck.

Can somebody please help...I don't know what happened? 

Thanks....Tdbax9

domingo, 02 de diciembre de 2012 9:18

Respuestas

•  

Hi and Thanks for your input. Restore was not working...Here's what I wound up doing. I first backed-up and then restored my PC to the factory settings and updated it thoroughly. I reinstalled my Norton Internet Security, activated and updated it thoroughly. Then I checked the Microsoft application compatibility site and found out that Office 2003 was completely compatible with Windows 7. I installed the Office suite with no problems and thoroughly updated it. I set up all of the email settings got all the green checkmarks and received the welcom test message from Outlook.

I could receive email well...but, the first time I tried  to send an email...I was aghast it came back as a 554 message failure error. I contacted my ISP VIA his web site and told him what all I had done to solve the problem on my end and I needed some effective help... I told him I would uninstall Norton from my computer and try to send an email...which I did. I still got the undeliverable system administrator message failure error 554. Norton was not the problem, so I re-installed and updated it thoroughly. Again I contacted my ISP and told him of what all I had done and that the problem must be on his end. I felt like all my emails were being treated as "SPAM" and none of them are.

He said he put my email account on something called a "Whitelist" which apparently by-passes anti-spam measures in his email server and "BINGO" my email worked just fine...Hooray...My Office 2003 Suite Installed and updated and operates perfectly...It took alot of work but it's all good now. 

viernes, 07 de diciembre de 2012 6:36

Todas las respuestas

• Go to the previous restore point via safe mode (F8 in boot menu)

Rgds

Milos

domingo, 02 de diciembre de 2012 20:59
  • Hi,

This would be an Office issue, I would like to share the following article with you:

"Error 1919. Error configuring ODBC data source" error messages when you run the Setup program for Office

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/818954

In the meantime, you can post a question in Office forum for further help.

Alex Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

martes, 04 de diciembre de 2012 6:13
    Moderador
  •  

Hi and Thanks for your input. Restore was not working...Here's what I wound up doing. I first backed-up and then restored my PC to the factory settings and updated it thoroughly. I reinstalled my Norton Internet Security, activated and updated it thoroughly. Then I checked the Microsoft application compatibility site and found out that Office 2003 was completely compatible with Windows 7. I installed the Office suite with no problems and thoroughly updated it. I set up all of the email settings got all the green checkmarks and received the welcom test message from Outlook.

I could receive email well...but, the first time I tried  to send an email...I was aghast it came back as a 554 message failure error. I contacted my ISP VIA his web site and told him what all I had done to solve the problem on my end and I needed some effective help... I told him I would uninstall Norton from my computer and try to send an email...which I did. I still got the undeliverable system administrator message failure error 554. Norton was not the problem, so I re-installed and updated it thoroughly. Again I contacted my ISP and told him of what all I had done and that the problem must be on his end. I felt like all my emails were being treated as "SPAM" and none of them are.

He said he put my email account on something called a "Whitelist" which apparently by-passes anti-spam measures in his email server and "BINGO" my email worked just fine...Hooray...My Office 2003 Suite Installed and updated and operates perfectly...It took alot of work but it's all good now. 

viernes, 07 de diciembre de 2012 6:36