none
Install Drivers before Windows 7 Installation? ACPI Error

Pregunta

• Cheers! I do have the following problem: I installed the entire Hardware, being an Asrock board, the intel i5 2500k, SSD Sata-3 Drive, ram and all the other stuff. The machine is up and running and i can boot into the bios where everything is as it should be. Since i did not purchase a CD-Rom Drive, i downloaded the windows 7 professional image from MSDA network, used the image to make it bootable (with "unetbootin") - chose it as primary boot device (since the SSD is completely new and doesnt contain any files). Now the problem: When Booting, the "initialising Windows files" screen appears and loads successfully. Afterwards, when it says "starting windows", the "setup" crashes, giving me a bluescreen with an ACPI error. I tried booting in low resolution modus, tried switching off onboard graphics (note: I do not have an additional graphics card since i intend on using the GPU inside the i5 processor) - but nothing works to prevent the problem. Like i said, im a little confused about the fact that Asrock says in its manual to install the drivers BEFORE installing windows... how should that be possible? Anyway... i tried... How? I created an image from the drivers cd which was delivered with the board... made the image bootable, chose it as primary booting device.. but it didnt gave me any options about installing drivers.. So... How can i sucessfully install windows 7 professional on my computer without the ACPI error!? Thanks in advance! Cheers!
    lunes, 30 de enero de 2012 10:23

Respuestas

• I dont see how asrock and adata are valid in this case? Both the Mainboard and the SSD work properly. Like i said.. i can enther the UEFI and i also see the SSD. The problem only comes into place when trying to install win 7 - before that, everything works just fine. Like i said... the blue screen/ACPI error is the causal problem here. How do you link that to the hardware? ACPI.sys per definition is a .sys file, which has nothing to do with both the SSD or the Mainboard - or am i wrong here? Cheers

If the problem exists when you try to install Windows, then you have one of two possibilities:

1.  you have hardware problems, configuration or defective.

2.  you have a bad copy of Windows 7.

Either way, you will have to sort it out because it definitely is not something that can be figured out in a forum.  There may be an ACPI.SYS file, but ACPI is also part of the BIOS code:

ACPI (Advanced Configuration and Power Interface) is an open industry specification co-developed by Hewlett-Packard, Intel, Microsoft, Phoenix, and Toshiba.

ACPI establishes industry-standard interfaces enabling OS-directed configuration, power management, and thermal management of mobile, desktop, and server platforms.

When first published in 1996, ACPI evolved an existing collection of power management BIOS code, Advanced Power Management (APM) application programming interfaces (APIs), PNPBIOS APIs, and Multiprocessor Specification (MPS) tables into a well-defined power management and configuration interface specification.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    lunes, 30 de enero de 2012 17:03

Todas las respuestas

• You must read the motherboard user manual to find where in the BIOS to check for ACPI being turned on.

This is caused by your hardware configuration.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    lunes, 30 de enero de 2012 13:01
  • AS a matter of fact, there is no option in BIOS to turn on ACPI (ftp://174.142.97.10/manual/H67DE3.pdf). Even though there is an option in UEFI which sais ACPI-configuration, there is no button to "turn it on". Nevertheless, i tried enabling all thats to find in this section, but it doesnt work anyway. What do you mean by it is caused by my hardware configuration? Do you mean: The ACPI Error is caused by my hardware configuration? And if so, whats wrong with it? I did everything according to the manual. ALso, the ram/boar/SSD fit to the CPU. THe board also supports using the GPU from the CPU. So i dont see a problem here. THanks!
    lunes, 30 de enero de 2012 13:24
  • "kilp183" wrote in message news:576f7ee1-a1ff-4a5a-900f-a9cf1cf6a6b7...
    Cheers! I do have the following problem: I installed the entire Hardware, being an Asrock board, the intel i5 2500k, SSD Sata-3 Drive, ram and all the other stuff. The machine is up and running and i can boot into the bios where everything is as it should be. Since i did not purchase a CD-Rom Drive, i downloaded the windows 7 professional image from MSDA network, used the image to make it bootable (with "unetbootin") - chose it as primary boot device (since the SSD is completely new and doesnt contain any files). Now the problem: When Booting, the "initialising Windows files" screen appears and loads successfully. Afterwards, when it says "starting windows", the "setup" crashes, giving me a bluescreen with an ACPI error. I tried booting in low resolution modus, tried switching off onboard graphics (note: I do not have an additional graphics card since i intend on using the GPU inside the i5 processor) - but nothing works to prevent the problem. Like i said, im a little confused about the fact that Asrock says in its manual to install the drivers BEFORE installing windows... how should that be possible? Anyway... i tried... How? I created an image from the drivers cd which was delivered with the board... made the image bootable, chose it as primary booting device.. but it didnt gave me any options about installing drivers.. So... How can i sucessfully install windows 7 professional on my computer without the ACPI error!? Thanks in advance! Cheers!

I can see no indication that the software you are using is compatible with Windows as client OS – only as the OS for creating the image.

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    lunes, 30 de enero de 2012 13:25
  • "kilp183" wrote in message news:576f7ee1-a1ff-4a5a-900f-a9cf1cf6a6b7...
    Cheers! I do have the following problem: I installed the entire Hardware, being an Asrock board, the intel i5 2500k, SSD Sata-3 Drive, ram and all the other stuff. The machine is up and running and i can boot into the bios where everything is as it should be. Since i did not purchase a CD-Rom Drive, i downloaded the windows 7 professional image from MSDA network, used the image to make it bootable (with "unetbootin") - chose it as primary boot device (since the SSD is completely new and doesnt contain any files). Now the problem: When Booting, the "initialising Windows files" screen appears and loads successfully. Afterwards, when it says "starting windows", the "setup" crashes, giving me a bluescreen with an ACPI error. I tried booting in low resolution modus, tried switching off onboard graphics (note: I do not have an additional graphics card since i intend on using the GPU inside the i5 processor) - but nothing works to prevent the problem. Like i said, im a little confused about the fact that Asrock says in its manual to install the drivers BEFORE installing windows... how should that be possible? Anyway... i tried... How? I created an image from the drivers cd which was delivered with the board... made the image bootable, chose it as primary booting device.. but it didnt gave me any options about installing drivers.. So... How can i sucessfully install windows 7 professional on my computer without the ACPI error!? Thanks in advance! Cheers!

I can see no indication that the software you are using is compatible with Windows as client OS – only as the OS for creating the image.

WHich means? I also tried using "WinsetupforUSB" for creating the boot-device. Nevertheless, the same error occured. Or am i missing the point in what you are saying here? Help me out. CHeers
    lunes, 30 de enero de 2012 14:40
  • "kilp183" wrote in message news:6bb7dc31-5842-430f-b0b6-340857224e50...
    "kilp183" wrote in message news:576f7ee1-a1ff-4a5a-900f-a9cf1cf6a6b7...

WHich means? I also tried using "WinsetupforUSB" for creating the boot-device. Nevertheless, the same error occured. Or am i missing the point in what you are saying here? Help me out. CHeers

What kind of device are you booting from? (you neglected to mention!).
    I would suspect that you need to first configure the SSD properly – check what software is available for that from the manufacturer.
    I have very little experience in this kind of setup (I usually use an external DVD if necessary) – and none at all with SSD’s  (neither I nor my clients can afford them!) , so Rick’s advice is probably more cogent than mine at this point.

lunes, 30 de enero de 2012 15:16
  • A-Data S511 120GB SSD. Thats the SSD im Booting from. I understand what youre saying, but how am i supposed to update e.g. the firmware of the SSD when i do not even have an OS installed!? The only thing i have right now is the bios and the blue screen ACPI error. I already configured the bios regarding the SSD into AHCI mode. THe Bios also recognized the SSD as an A-Data S511, so there shouldnt be a problem. thanks up to this point for your help!
    lunes, 30 de enero de 2012 15:25
  • A-Data S511 120GB SSD. Thats the SSD im Booting from. I understand what youre saying, but how am i supposed to update e.g. the firmware of the SSD when i do not even have an OS installed!? The only thing i have right now is the bios and the blue screen ACPI error. I already configured the bios regarding the SSD into AHCI mode. THe Bios also recognized the SSD as an A-Data S511, so there shouldnt be a problem. thanks up to this point for your help!

Your questions must be addressed to A-Data and ASRock if you want informed answers.

It is not something that can be answered by some other company.

This is not a Windows 7 problem until you get your hardware configured to the point that Windows 7 can be installed.

lunes, 30 de enero de 2012 15:47

Your questions must be addressed to A-Data and ASRock if you want informed answers.

It is not something that can be answered by some other company.

This is not a Windows 7 problem until you get your hardware configured to the point that Windows 7 can be installed.

I dont see how asrock and adata are valid in this case? Both the Mainboard and the SSD work properly. Like i said.. i can enther the UEFI and i also see the SSD. The problem only comes into place when trying to install win 7 - before that, everything works just fine. Like i said... the blue screen/ACPI error is the causal problem here. How do you link that to the hardware? ACPI.sys per definition is a .sys file, which has nothing to do with both the SSD or the Mainboard - or am i wrong here? Cheers
    lunes, 30 de enero de 2012 15:53
  • I dont see how asrock and adata are valid in this case? Both the Mainboard and the SSD work properly. Like i said.. i can enther the UEFI and i also see the SSD. The problem only comes into place when trying to install win 7 - before that, everything works just fine. Like i said... the blue screen/ACPI error is the causal problem here. How do you link that to the hardware? ACPI.sys per definition is a .sys file, which has nothing to do with both the SSD or the Mainboard - or am i wrong here? Cheers

If the problem exists when you try to install Windows, then you have one of two possibilities:

1.  you have hardware problems, configuration or defective.

2.  you have a bad copy of Windows 7.

Either way, you will have to sort it out because it definitely is not something that can be figured out in a forum.  There may be an ACPI.SYS file, but ACPI is also part of the BIOS code:

ACPI (Advanced Configuration and Power Interface) is an open industry specification co-developed by Hewlett-Packard, Intel, Microsoft, Phoenix, and Toshiba.

ACPI establishes industry-standard interfaces enabling OS-directed configuration, power management, and thermal management of mobile, desktop, and server platforms.

When first published in 1996, ACPI evolved an existing collection of power management BIOS code, Advanced Power Management (APM) application programming interfaces (APIs), PNPBIOS APIs, and Multiprocessor Specification (MPS) tables into a well-defined power management and configuration interface specification.

lunes, 30 de enero de 2012 17:03
  • AS a matter of fact, i just installed ubuntu 11.1 - first just to try if its the hardware - then i saw that it worked. Now my computer runs on Ubuntu and im wonderung why my windows 7 professional just wont work...i redownloaded the image twice from msda - same blue screen over and over again. Honestly, i dont know where else to look for the problem. It has to be the Image... Ill try to flash update the bios and try installing windows 7 afterwards, but i wont get my hopes up too high... cheers!
    martes, 31 de enero de 2012 8:23
  • hello i have the sam problem with the asrock board, an intel 2500k, a ssd, and win 7 downloaded from msda. My bios is up on the lastest version. I can install Win Xp without any problems...but win 7 failed with a bluescreen...maybe the arror is caused by the msda version of win 7??? Which one have you downloaded?

jueves, 02 de febrero de 2012 23:12
  • I identify the problem. It is the win 7 englisch version with service pack 1 of msda....choose the one without service pack 1 anderverthink runs perfectly all right...
    viernes, 03 de febrero de 2012 0:26
  • Yep - i also used the Version which inclused the service pack. Maybe i should try the one without... but anyway - this problem should be fixed!
    lunes, 06 de febrero de 2012 5:42
  • Hi

i am also facing same problem

i am trying to install win7. when i t completes installation and try to boot,blue screen appear .

and i am unable to install winxp

BIOS is not acpi compatible error

Have you found any solution?

miércoles, 09 de mayo de 2012 2:48