none
Jpegs wont open

Pregunta

• In windows 7 rc if i try to open any picture it gives me a dialog box "windows can't open this file" with the option to go online and use web service to find the correct program.  If you open Paint then the picture itself, it comes up fine.  Any attempt to double click does not work and also right click does not give you the option to "open with".  Any suggestions.
    domingo, 14 de junio de 2009 4:02

Todas las respuestas

• You probably installed another picture editor ie. Paint Shop Pro or Adobe Photoshop, then uninstalled it, so the associations are now missing, and there is no program by default for the extension anymore.

To fix the problem try this:

Category control panel menu display:
    Control Panel > Programs > Default Programs > Set your default programs

Classic control panel menu display:
    Control Panel > Default Programs > Set your default programs

Click on Paint and then click "Set this program as default", then click OK.
    domingo, 14 de junio de 2009 4:15
  • Alternatively to Enduc's solutions you can choose to choose the program for opening it. You probably get a dialog with to radioboxes when double clicking?
    If you choose the last radio button, you should be able to choose the fax and picture previewer or the gallery software, that i forgot the name of.
    After choosing check the box below that should set it as default, and then click OK
    lunes, 15 de junio de 2009 20:53
  • It's worth noting that JPEGs are meant to open in Windows Photo Viewer by default - not Paint.
    -Alex
    lunes, 15 de junio de 2009 23:49