none
How do I change the user name in Windows 8?

Pregunta

• When my wife logged in and created her account on our new laptop for the first time, her user name was the first 5 letters of her email followed by "_000'.  So now look in the user folder hers is tisma_000, instead of her first name.  I have no idea why it happened, but how do I correct this?
    martes, 15 de enero de 2013 2:42

Respuestas

• The name of the folder doesn't matter at all. When signing with a Microsoft account immediately, I suspect this method of naming folders is done so malicious apps can't crawl the Users folder and determine email addresses based on the folder names. Her full name should be shown normally on the Start screen. Is it not?

If you really want to customize the folder name, make her a new local user account first with the desired name, then switch that account to a Microsoft account.

miércoles, 16 de enero de 2013 13:47

• Hi,

I found the following thread which is about the similar issue:

After Easy Transfer, Profile is named _000
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w8itproinstall/thread/33fc6b20-3415-41eb-9bd1-911693563f86

If the user is working well on this computer, I think you don’t need to take actions as it is not recommended to change the name of the user profile folder. If you want to try this, please use it at your own risk and perform a full backup first.

Thanks.

Nicholas Li
    TechNet Community Support

miércoles, 16 de enero de 2013 9:30
    Moderador

Todas las respuestas