none
Host Process Stopped working

Pregunta

• I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit.

Two weeks ago, my computer displayed the BSoD (Stop Error 0x0000007), and resumed working normally on its own accord after restarting. I looked at the Events Viewer from the Action Centre, and it said that the 'Host Process for Windows Tasks has stopped working'. Because it only happened once, and during a skype conversation (where the other party also reported that their Windows Vista crashed at the same time), I didn't think too much about it.

Then last Sunday, Windows would not start but kept refreshing at the Welcome page. I did a System Restore, ran a C: disk scan and the malware/virus scan, but everything came back clean. But my computer has been running slower than usual...(even after using the defrag option.)

And then this morning, after downloading Windows Updates, the Events Viewer once again said that 'Host Process for Windows Tasks has stopped working', though the computer continued acting normally.

I'm not sure what is causing this problem, any advice would be appreciated!

miércoles, 01 de agosto de 2012 7:56

Respuestas

• Hi ,

This issue be caused by an incompatible driver installed on Windows. I would suggest you to boot in Safe Mode and seeing if you get the error.

Also, temporarily disable all the third party security programs and boot in Clean Boot to test the issue.

I notice that you starting getting this message after you did a Windows update. If so, Background Intelligent Transfer Service could be the culprit. You may check if Background Intelligent Transfer Service could be restarted normally.

Go into Services (run: services.msc), find Background Intelligent Transfer Service. Double-click it. If it shows started, then click stop and see if it can be stopped normally. Then, restart it again.

If the Background Intelligent Transfer Service doesn't appear in the list of Services, see the resolution section of this article about problems with the Background Intelligent Transfer Service on the Microsoft website.

Tracy Cai

TechNet Community Support

• Marcado como respuesta Sabrina Shen miércoles, 22 de agosto de 2012 7:02
    jueves, 02 de agosto de 2012 7:04