none
EVENTID 4609 COM+ Event System detected a bad return code during its internal processing. HRESULT was 8007043c from line 45 - system freezes

Pregunta

• unning Vista x86 SP2, latest bios.  Directly after reboot have enough time to login, open event log or services, then machine hangs and unable to use any applications. 
    Hard boot, again have enough time to login, open event log or services, then machine hangs and unable to use any applications.  
    After reboot, if machine is left for 5 mins before attempting to login, the machine freezes while executing login process.   
    Starting Windows in Clean Boot mode - but again machine hangs and unable to use any applications.  Result being, only able to operate machine in safe mode.

In the application event log this error is being reported:  The COM+ Event System detected a bad return code during its internal processing.  HRESULT was 8007043c from line 45 of d:\longhorn\com\complus\src\events\tier1\eventsystemobj.cpp.  Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services to report this error.

SFC /SCANNOW only reports errors whcih relate to Microsoft-Windows-Sidebar - which does not seem an issue in the scheme of things
    2009-06-21 18:27:57, Info                  CSI    0000015e [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:24{12}]"settings.ini" of Microsoft-Windows-Sidebar, Version = 6.0.6002.18005, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL (0), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
    2009-06-21 18:27:59, Info                  CSI    00000160 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:24{12}]"settings.ini" of Microsoft-Windows-Sidebar, Version = 6.0.6002.18005, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL (0), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
    2009-06-21 18:27:59, Info                  CSI    00000161 [SR] This component was referenced by [l:158{79}]"Package_16_for_KB948465~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.0.1.18005.948465-49_neutral_GDR"

Do not get the oppotunity to review the com properties, before the machine freezes.

Although this article does not seem relevant to Vista, applied suggestions.  But did not resolve the issue http://support.microsoft.com/kb/909444

Any suggestions what actions will fix this com+ error?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Machine setup and preinstalled by Dell. 

System Information

Kit Installed: 8.8.0.1009
    Kit Install History: 8.8.0.1009, Uninstall
    Shell Version: 8.8.0.1009

OS Name: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Ultimate
    OS Version: 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 Build 6002
    System Name: KORAT
    System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
    System Model: 0KX412
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     T9300  @ 2.50GHz
    BIOS Version/Date: Dell Inc. A10, 12/16/2008
    Language: ENU

Intel(R) Matrix Storage Manager

Intel Serial ATA Controller: Intel(R) ICH8M SATA AHCI Controller
    Number of Serial ATA ports: 2

Driver Version: 8.8.0.1009
    Serial ATA Plug-In Version: 8.8.0.1009
    Language Resource Version of the Serial ATA Plug-In: 8.8.0.1009
    ISDI Library Version: 8.8.0.1009

Hard Drive 0
    Device Port: 0
    Device Port Location: Internal
    Current Serial ATA Transfer Mode: Generation 2
    Model: FUJITSU MHW2160BJ FFS G2
    Serial Number: XXXXXXXXX
    Firmware: 0085001C
    Native Command Queuing Support: Yes
    Size: 149 GB

Hard Drive 1
    Device Port: 2
    Device Port Location: Internal
    Current Serial ATA Transfer Mode: Generation 2
    Model: FUJITSU MHW2160BJ FFS G2
    Serial Number: XXXXXXXXX
    Firmware: 0085001C
    Native Command Queuing Support: Yes
    Size: 149 GB

lunes, 22 de junio de 2009 9:34

Todas las respuestas

• I am having the exact (down to the memory address) same problem, have you managed to find a solution?
    jueves, 02 de julio de 2009 18:43
  • I think I have solved: I had a shared network printer: removing sharing I have not had the problem.
    martes, 07 de julio de 2009 8:41
  • Worked out this issue was only reported when starting in safe mode.  So proceeded to ignore, becuase my real issue which bought me to having to start up in safe mode was machine hanging.  

Last two changes made on the machine prior to this bad behaviour starting was a robform update, and chipset update recommended by dell because a istor.sys file was corrupted. 

With some fast UI interactions, managed to uninstall roboform, which meant machine took a bit longer before hanging, gave me another oppotunity to uninstall Dell Chipset manager software (something like that)...  Its standing up for longer, and can use the machine outside of 'safe mode',  but performance is poor and tonight I came home to an unexpected shutdown which I am yet to look at.   

I am at a point where a clean install is looking like a great passtime this weekend. 

Hope this helps someone. 
    martes, 07 de julio de 2009 13:32
  • Same problem here:-

Log Name:      Application
    Source:        Microsoft-Windows-EventSystem
    Date:          29/07/2009 21:18:42
    Event ID:      4609
    Task Category: Event System
    Level:         Error
    Keywords:      Classic
    User:          N/A
    Computer:      Dave-PC
    Description:
    The COM+ Event System detected a bad return code during its internal processing.  HRESULT was 8007043c from line 45 of d:\longhorn\com\complus\src\events\tier1\eventsystemobj.cpp.  Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services to report this error.
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
      <System>
        <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-EventSystem" Guid="{899daace-4868-4295-afcd-9eb8fb497561}" EventSourceName="EventSystem" />
        <EventID Qualifiers="49152">4609</EventID>
        <Version>0</Version>
        <Level>2</Level>
        <Task>16</Task>
        <Opcode>0</Opcode>
        <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
        <TimeCreated SystemTime="2009-07-29T20:18:42.000Z" />
        <EventRecordID>23849</EventRecordID>
        <Correlation />
        <Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
        <Channel>Application</Channel>
        <Computer>Dave-PC</Computer>
        <Security />
      </System>
      <EventData>
        <Data Name="param1">d:\longhorn\com\complus\src\events\tier1\eventsystemobj.cpp</Data>
        <Data Name="param2">45</Data>
        <Data Name="param3">8007043c</Data>
      </EventData>
    </Event>

Still investigating.  Safe mode ok.
    miércoles, 29 de julio de 2009 20:34
  • HAVE YOU HAD ANY LUCK?  I RETURNED FROM 2 WEEK VAC WHILE MY LAPTOP REMAINED UNTOUCHED FOR THAT TIME AND NOW I HAVE THIS EXACT SAME PROBLEM...NOTHING INSTALLED CAN'T EVEN DO A SYSTEM RESTORE.....HELP............
    martes, 18 de agosto de 2009 19:20
  • HAVE YOU HAD ANY LUCK?  I RETURNED FROM 2 WEEK VAC WHILE MY LAPTOP REMAINED UNTOUCHED FOR THAT TIME AND NOW I HAVE THIS EXACT SAME PROBLEM...NOTHING INSTALLED CAN'T EVEN DO A SYSTEM RESTORE.....HELP............
    Well, it was luck more than judgement, but I'm not getting the problem anymore. I read a lot of posts about performing a clean boot of my PC - disabling any unecessary non-microsoft services and / or startup options and this did help but it wasn't a permanent fix. It did help to get rid of some superfluous programs though. The problem re-occurred after this though. The 'fix' for me isn't really a fix but more of a workaround. It seemed like I had a conflict between my AV / FW product (Comodo Internet Security) and Windows sidebar. I've disabled the sidebar and I don't get the problem anymore. Not exactly scientific but I can live without the sidebar and haven't got the time or inclination to pursue it any further. Hope it helps you
    lunes, 24 de agosto de 2009 19:53
  • After a couple of weeks, bit the bullet and performed a clean install - System was still behaving poorly i.e. slowness, hanging and the occasional blue screen.   Afterwards, 'lightening fast' again (no surprises there)

A couple of things I got caught on - bearing in mind this is my first rebuild of a home pc/laptop (although have rebuilt servers);

Missed installing audio drivers before the graphics drivers - trap for young players I think - reinstall.  Unfortuntley not ALL software installed on laptop on shipping was distributed with the 'package' so didn't know what drivers to install.   Luckily, found a copy of report taken showing what software was installed when investigating the original issue, so was able to reference it  to work out what audio drivers were needed - whew.

Allowed MS updates directly after installing base vista,  apart from taking forever, one of the first set of patchs had a bug in it - system ended up unable to boot.  Clean install again, immediately turned updates off, installed SP 1 and 2 - all good.

Now have a rock solid recovery 'method and package'...  <lol> and looking into imaging software :-)

jueves, 17 de septiembre de 2009 10:37
  • i deaktivated the Notebook Performance Tuning Service - Toshiba Europe GmbH and Windows is running...
    viernes, 06 de mayo de 2011 15:04
  • Hi, had same problem on Vista. Only booting in safe mode was possible. Reason was a damage of the graphics card. After installing a new graphics card the systeme booted in normal mode :-)

Hope that helps

OverTime

• Propuesto como respuesta OverTime30 jueves, 13 de febrero de 2014 20:35
    jueves, 13 de febrero de 2014 20:35