none
WinUSB 1.9 update for vista

Pregunta

• I found this KB article for updating the WinUSB drivers: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971286.  But there is no download link available.  Does anyone know where I can find the update?  Google has gotten me nowhere.

The PC I need to update is Vista Business SP2 x86

I'm hoping this may fix a problem that I'm having with Mobile Device syncing using the Windows Mobile Device Center, because the device will connect to a Windows 7 PC, and I know that Windows 7 has updated versions of those files.

• Editado EdwardsC martes, 11 de diciembre de 2012 18:10
    martes, 11 de diciembre de 2012 17:52

Todas las respuestas

• Nevermind...this turned out to be a UAC problem.  But it would be nice if that update was available (assuming that the new WinUSB drivers are better than the old).
    martes, 11 de diciembre de 2012 19:46
  • Hi,

This KB does not have standalone package for download. It is directly installed by Windows Update. Please verify whether it is successfully installed by Installed Updates of Programs and Features.

TechNet Subscriber
    Support

If you are TechNet Subscription user
    and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedbackhere.

Juke Chou
    TechNet Community Support

miércoles, 12 de diciembre de 2012 9:01
  • Windows Update was reporting that all updates had already been installed.

Edit: and the update was not listed in the Installed Updates on the PC.
    • Editado EdwardsC miércoles, 12 de diciembre de 2012 14:37
    miércoles, 12 de diciembre de 2012 14:06
  • Hi,

You could check the installed packages at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Component Based Servicing\Packages.

Juke Chou

jueves, 13 de diciembre de 2012 9:43
  • It was not installed on the PC.  The Winusb.dll and Winusb.sys files did not have version number 6.1.7600.16385 as KB971286 states that they should after the update is installed.  They were a previous version (although I do not know exactly what version number because I do not have access to that PC right now, and I did not writ it down, but it was a lesser version).
    jueves, 13 de diciembre de 2012 16:59
  • Hi,

Please provide the files info here. You can search for the files in %windir%\system32\driverstore. In addition, I reviewed some documents at MSDN and found that your problem might not have something to do with this package. Because this driver provide an easier way for device developers  if they donot want to write a kernel driver. If you cannot sync with Mobile Device. I suggest you check the mobile device driver to make sure it is installed properly. If possible, try reinstalling it.

Juke Chou

viernes, 14 de diciembre de 2012 7:59