none
Xbox 360 Wired Controller is not working with Windows 7.

Pregunta

• Not to long ago I was playing Halo 2 PC using my wired Xbox 360 Controller. All of a sudden my computer (which uses Windows 7) decides not to recognize it. Every time I plug in the controller in now it comes up as "Unknown Device". I have not changed anything, I mean anything. Yes I have tried all methods of fixing the problem but they do not work.  If someone knows a sure fine way to get the controller working again it would be much appreciated.
    miércoles, 25 de mayo de 2011 15:42

Todas las respuestas

• It's possible that the controller itself has died. Any chance you could test it on another PC?

Do you have any other USB devices plugged in? If so, try unplugging them and then plug the controller in and see if it's recognized then. They draw quite a bit of current, and it may be near the limit for your USB power. I had a problem that if I plugged in my Xbox controller, my USB sound device would produce distorted sound. The eventual fix for me was to get a powered hub to plug my controller and other USB devices into. The only ones that are still plugged directly into my onboard ports are my wireless mouse dongle, my keyboard, and the sound card.

SC Tom

miércoles, 25 de mayo de 2011 19:13
  • Update the driver to the latest one. Then restart the computer, press F8, select Disable Driver Signature Enforcement.

Now check if it works.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    viernes, 27 de mayo de 2011 7:06
  • Can you upload this file to skydrive?  C:\windows\inf\setupapi.dev.log

Just make it publicly accessible and paste a link in :)

This should at least say where the problem is happening.

-Z

viernes, 27 de mayo de 2011 15:55
  • I just googled this and i found the solution in a YouTube-video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxa5CJsDzwQ

Just watch the video and I promise it will help you! I will copy this post to any other thread which touches this exact subject.

lunes, 02 de abril de 2012 14:56
  •  >i found the solution in a YouTube-video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxa5CJsDzwQ

That video is for connecting a WIRELESS controller, not a WIRED one, which is what this thread is about. Good info though, if you're having a problem with your WIRELESS controller.

SC Tom

miércoles, 04 de abril de 2012 19:53
  • I 'm using a wired Gamestop Xbox 360 controller and I got mine to work using these steps. Good luck.

If you already have the software installed, go to programs and features and uninstall Microsoft XBOX 360 Accessories 1.2.

1) Download the drivers from http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/download/download.aspx?category=gaming

2) Choose Gaming > Xbox 360 Controller for Windows > Windows 7 64 bit > English.Don’t run the drivers.  Save them to a folder. (Or Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for Windows depending on your controller)

3) Right click the Xbox360_64Eng file in the folder you downloaded to and click "create shortcut"

4) Right click the shortcut you created. Select properties.

5) On the compatibility tab in properties, click "Run this program in compatibility mode" ChooseWindows Server 2008 Service Pack 1 as the compatibility mode. Apply setting and click ok.

6) Right Click on the shortcut and select "Run as administrator"

7) With your controller plugged in go to Device Manager.  You should see Microsoft Common Controller for Windows Class. It located under Mice and other pointing if you do, you have arrived. If you don't, try this.

Continue only if you don’t see Microsoft Common Controller for Windows Class in Device Manager

8) Right click the unknown device that shows a problem.

9) Update Driver Software > Browse My computer for Driver Software > Let Me Pick from a List of Drivers

10) Choose Microsoft Common Controller for Windows Class > XBOX 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows

Ignore the warning.

Should work now.

miércoles, 31 de julio de 2013 19:58
  • So, if we have a WindowsVista (32-bit) do we still do Windows 7 (64-bit)?
    domingo, 25 de agosto de 2013 1:12
  • You my friend are GREAT! I have been trying to figure this out for days.... Installing driver, uninstalling drivers... Safe Mode, ect. ect... I was about to give up until I gave your post one last try...AND IT WORKED....THANK YOU SO MUCH!
    domingo, 15 de septiembre de 2013 4:03
  • Fantastic. Great work on this evoLxs. Had to follow it through to step 10 but it worked a charm.
    miércoles, 12 de marzo de 2014 23:14
  • I am sending over oral pleasure to your genitals through the internet.
    sábado, 26 de abril de 2014 19:53