none
Disable Audio Playback Device from Command Line?

Pregunta

• How do I disable a single "Playback device" from the command line. I want to disable just the "Speakers" device. The normal way to do it is to right click on the volume icon in the system tray and choose Playback devices and disable it there.

This is not the same as disabling the sound card in the device manager. (That can be done using devcon.exe from the command line.) I want a script that will disable and re-enable the device because my audio randomly starts crackling and this fixes it.
    sábado, 25 de septiembre de 2010 11:24

Respuestas

• Hi,

I don’t think that disabling the audio playback device is the fix to your problem. It just seems to be a work around. As you said that the audio cracks randomly, when did this issue happen frequently? Please ensure that the sound driver is updated. I am assuming that the problem is caused by third party program, please boot in Clean Boot and see how it works.

Best Regards

Dale

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    lunes, 27 de septiembre de 2010 2:24
    Moderador

Todas las respuestas

• Hi,

I don’t think that disabling the audio playback device is the fix to your problem. It just seems to be a work around. As you said that the audio cracks randomly, when did this issue happen frequently? Please ensure that the sound driver is updated. I am assuming that the problem is caused by third party program, please boot in Clean Boot and see how it works.

Best Regards

Dale

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    lunes, 27 de septiembre de 2010 2:24
    Moderador
  • Hi Dale,

I don't have any crackling problem like Kurian but I would really like to know how to enable/disable a playback device by command line. In my case, usb headphones, I would like this since Windows 7 doesn't seem to support audio output to multiple devices simultaneously. Enabling/disabling my usb headphones as playback device would spare me to have to physically plug/unplug them.

Could you help me out?

Thank you

ps: Or, always by command line, simply define which of the playback devices is the one By default would do the trick.
    • Editado Phrensouwa martes, 10 de mayo de 2011 18:43 adding option
    martes, 10 de mayo de 2011 18:25
  • USe the NIRCMDC tool for using command line to control audio devices.

See http://www.microsoftnow.com/2013/05/creating-a-shortcut-to-change-the-default-audio-device-in-windows.html

Shijaz Abdulla www.microsoftnow.com

lunes, 27 de mayo de 2013 5:24