none
Several problems with windows 7

Pregunta

• I have various problems with this installation of windows 7 64, they might be related but Im unsure about that.
    Lets start, windows media player will no play any video but the sound works, all I see is the first frame of the video that is used for the video icon.
    The second problem its quite strange, non of the games that comes with windows will launch, I click on the icon but it doesn't do anything.
    when I run dxdiag this error apears. "Error: Problem getting extra display info", I click ok and dxdiag works ok.
    I cant get the windows experience Index to show, there is no rating and there is no way for me to start the proces of rating.
    They all seem to be related to video, I have tried reinstalling the drivers for the ATI Radeon 3200.
    miércoles, 30 de septiembre de 2009 22:10

Respuestas

• I fixed all of the problems with a BIOS update, if you find this same issue than me and have a HP tx2 you should update your BIOS with the flash utility provided in the HP support page.
    • Marcado como respuesta Freezz8 jueves, 01 de octubre de 2009 0:05
    jueves, 01 de octubre de 2009 0:03

Todas las respuestas

• I fixed all of the problems with a BIOS update, if you find this same issue than me and have a HP tx2 you should update your BIOS with the flash utility provided in the HP support page.
    • Marcado como respuesta Freezz8 jueves, 01 de octubre de 2009 0:05
    jueves, 01 de octubre de 2009 0:03
  • Updating the Bios on my HP tx2 1000 did the trick. The old one was level .03 and the current is .25. Fixed the screen saver direct3D 9.0 and the window media player sound with no picture problems... Previously, I tride to fix by installing Direct3D 9.0 and reinstalling my ATI Radeon 3200 drivers with no results.

domingo, 30 de mayo de 2010 17:14