none
Turn Windows Features on or off Application Development Features

Pregunta

• I am having an issue where the windows features under Internet Information Services/World Wide Web Services/Application Development Features will not install.  Specifically those which are clicked on when one clicks on ASP.NET.  All necessary versions of ASP.NET are installed.  IIS 7 is installed.

In the Event Log there are two errors which are shown in conjunction with this problem.

1. Unable to install counter strings because the SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ASP.NET_64\Performance key could not be opened or accessed. The first DWORD in the Data section contains the Win32 error code.

The error code is: 020000000E0E0000

2. Installing the performance counter strings for service ASP.NET_64 (ASP.NET_64) failed. The first DWORD in the Data section contains the error code.

The error code is: 02000000C9120000

I am thinking that the performace key is somehow not accessable due to some security feature.

lunes, 21 de febrero de 2011 1:00

Respuestas

• Andre,

I appreciate the replies, but it has nothing to do with running as administrator.

I solved the problem by turning IIS off all together and reinstalling it with the features I needed.

domingo, 06 de marzo de 2011 17:59

Todas las respuestas

• what are the security settings for the keys? You can also try this:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/tom/archive/2008/04/11/asp-net-performance-counters-missing.aspx

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
    lunes, 21 de febrero de 2011 15:36
  • I certainly saw that post the first very soon after I began to search for an answer to this.  It did not help as it is very old information.

I don't believe it applies to IIS 7 with ASP.NET 3.5/4.0

The commands listed do not seem to work as there is an underlying problem with access to these keys.  I guess being administrator does not count for much in Windows 7.

Programs usually allow right click and run as administrator.  Turn Windows Features On/Off does not seem to follow that pattern.

jueves, 03 de marzo de 2011 11:58
  • Turn Windows Features On/Off = "C:\Windows\System32\ocsetup.exe"

Also run the command prompt with admin rihgts:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/How-do-I-run-an-application-once-with-a-full-administrator-access-token

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

Want to install RSAT on Windows 7 Sp1? Check my HowTo: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=150221
    jueves, 03 de marzo de 2011 13:23
  • That did not help.  Invoking the ocsetup.exe does nothing but display the parameter options. 

The How-do-I-run link is interesting, but you can not right click on the control panel, Programs and features, or Turn windows features on and off.  Even though I am in the Administrator group I enabled the Administrator account and tried it. It still fails.   

domingo, 06 de marzo de 2011 4:22
  • Check my guide:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=144776

and run the Explorer with admin rights and go to the Control panel. Now you run it with admin rights.

Want to install RSAT on Windows 7 Sp1? Check my HowTo: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=150221
    domingo, 06 de marzo de 2011 14:36
  • Andre,

I appreciate the replies, but it has nothing to do with running as administrator.

I solved the problem by turning IIS off all together and reinstalling it with the features I needed.

domingo, 06 de marzo de 2011 17:59
  • I appreciate the replies, but it has nothing to do with running as administrator.

sure, if you don't understand this it's not my problem.

domingo, 06 de marzo de 2011 20:08
  • Jerry and Andre,

I too was receiveing these errors in my event log regarding iis and ASP.NET:

1. Unable to install counter strings because the SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ASP.NET_64\Performance key could not be opened or accessed. The first DWORD in the Data section contains the Win32 error code.

The error code is: 020000000E0E0000

2. Installing the performance counter strings for service ASP.NET_64 (ASP.NET_64) failed. The first DWORD in the Data section contains the error code.

The error code is: 02000000C9120000

I am thinking that the performace key is somehow not accessable due to some security feature.

I wanted to let others know that I have confirmed Jerry's solution works. Simply turn off and on IIS in Windows Features. :)  Thanks, Jerry!!!

viernes, 19 de agosto de 2011 14:17
  • I have run into the same problem and the stated solution of removing and then adding back IIS did not help.
    If adding back with ASP.NET enabled, the entire IIS installation fails with the same errors.

I ended up creating the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\ASP.NET_64\Performance
    manually which solved the problem right away.

This is clearly a bug in the installer having nothing to do with permissions. The installer just assumes the key exists and tries to open it.
    Either they did not included the version into the key name (because there was an existing key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\ASP.NET_64_2.0.50727\Performance) or forgot to create it, if it was really supposed to be named just ASP.NET_64.

• Propuesto como respuesta hellowangja martes, 29 de mayo de 2012 5:32
    miércoles, 08 de febrero de 2012 15:14
  • Legend! I had the error that my web installer could not install the .NET windwos Azure SDK which had dependency on the installation of IIS setups and again that was trying to access the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\ASP.NET_64\Performance. I tried your solutions and worked perfect!!! thAnks heaps saved my day!
    martes, 29 de mayo de 2012 5:35
  • In my case, I removed and added IIS and did not work. Also, tried reinstalling ASP NET 4.0 with aspnet_regiis but did not work either. Finally, I solved the issue repairing the .NET Framework 4.0 from Add/Remove Programs.

lunes, 06 de agosto de 2012 22:59
  • Creating registry key worked with following settings.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\ASP.NET_64]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\ASP.NET_64\Names]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\ASP.NET_64\Performance]
    "Close"="CloseVersionedPerfData"
    "Open"="OpenVersionedPerfData"
    "Collect"="CollectVersionedPerfData"
    "Library"="C:\\Windows\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework64\\v2.0.50727\\aspnet_perf.dll"
    "1022"=hex(b):30,dd,b1,d2,7e,c0,cd,01
    "1008"=hex(b):4f,1e,ce,17,d0,d1,cd,01
    "PerfIniFile"="aspnet_perf.ini"
    "Last Counter"=dword:000049b6
    "Last Help"=dword:000049b7
    "First Counter"=dword:000048ea
    "First Help"=dword:000048eb
    "Object List"="18666 18668"

jueves, 03 de enero de 2013 21:19
  • I found I had to have both the ASP.NET_64_2.0.50727 and the ASP.NET_64 entries. 

Also, I had to edit the .reg registry file with notepad and not textpad to get the import to work; I assume the L/F  C/R combination was wrong.

The event log has messages like:

Performance counters for the ASP.NET_2.0.50727 (ASP.NET_2.0.50727) service are already in the registry, no need to reinstall. This only happens when you install the same counter twice. The second time install will generate this event.

Performance counters for the aspnet_state (ASP.NET State Service) service are already in the registry, no need to reinstall. This only happens when you install the same counter twice. The second time install will generate this event.

Performance counters for the aspnet_state (ASP.NET State Service) service were loaded successfully. The Record Data in the data section contains the new index values assigned to this service.

So it seems to need all the keys in place.  Ken Rushton.

viernes, 02 de agosto de 2013 23:21
  • This worked for me as well, thanks!
    miércoles, 25 de junio de 2014 13:54