none
DRM download-BBC iplayer-404 error

Pregunta

• Hi Gents

Hope you guys  can help me , I have searched high and low on the web and tried everything I can find on the web to rectify this issue.

I download from the BBC, iplayer is not a problem, I can download it on the desktop player and play it no problem on my laptop through the iplayer desktop player. The problem comes when I want to download the file in 'download manager' or directly to my pc as a wmv file to play on my pc that way or convert it to another file format. When I open media player and the 'downloading media usage rights' comes up I get a 'pop up' comes up saying ' open live.bbc.uk' cannot be found and gives 404 error, thus I am unable to play the file. I am sure I read this is something to do with preloaded windows 7 software as I had no problem with windows media player 11 on my old machine where windows was loaded  through a DVD I purchased. Any ideas? driving me a little crazy, I have updated everything I can and taken all the advice which seems to be floating about re: windows media player 12 and DRM issues but nothing has resolved this issue for me. Help would be much appreciated.

Regards

AJS

viernes, 03 de febrero de 2012 20:41

Respuestas

Todas las respuestas

• Nothing guys? I though the experts here would have some idea for me. I have been thinking also, perhaps its a problem with the url as it gives a 404 error so not sure if the DRM licence can be downloaded or not. With the pop up in WMP 12 which file/s are associated with this pop up and where does it take its information from? Or is this embedded (url) in the downloaded file or am I just barking totally up the wrong tree.any help would be appreciated, I can't get on line stores either would this or could this all be associated with the same problem? Regards AJS
    domingo, 05 de febrero de 2012 9:04
  • Please make sure that neither WMP or Media Center are running, and then start Internet Explorer as administrator (right-click - Run as administrator). In IE, make sure that Protected Mode is turned off, go to

http://drmlicense.one.microsoft.com/Indivsite/en/indivit.asp

and click the Upgrade button. Does that help?

If Online Stores isn't working in WMP then that's probably a known issue unrelated to DRM.

Tim De Baets
    http://www.bm-productions.tk

miércoles, 08 de febrero de 2012 15:40
  • Hi Tim

No, like most people I have read about been there tried that and still the same. I am getting a 404 error this something else dont you think, as I said in my last reply which file looks for the website url perhaps thats corrupt?

Regards

Tony

jueves, 23 de febrero de 2012 16:38
  • Was the DRM upgrade successful?

I don't have any other ideas to try so I suggest that you get in touch with BBC iPlayer's support.

Tim De Baets
    http://www.bm-productions.tk

viernes, 24 de febrero de 2012 19:28
  • Hi Tim

No, like most people I have read about been there tried that and still the same. I am getting a 404 error this something else dont you think, as I said in my last reply which file looks for the website url perhaps thats corrupt?

Regards

Tony

I have the exact same problem with my Surface Pro and Windows 8. The DRM upgrade was successful and I have tried running WMP as administrator. It tries to open open.live.bbc.co.uk in the Media Usage Rights Acquisition window but with the 'This program cannot display the webpage' error.

Bill Beckett

viernes, 22 de febrero de 2013 10:51
  • Most programmes downloaded via iPlayer expire after 30 days--or seven days after any portion of the programme is viewed, whichever comes first. The availability window is much less predictable, with some programmes appearing on iPlayer for a week or less.

Regardless of the platform on which you originally download the programme, I assume DRM is satisfied by a license that is downloaded at the same time. If the DRM regime requires every copy of the programme to be authorised, a unique license would have to be downloaded for every subsequent platform upon which you attempt to view the programme. Once a programme has been withdrawn from iPlayer, it is reasonable to assume that no further licenses are made available--explaining the 404 error.

Mind you, this is all a guess. If true, then although an iPlayer download can be duplicated offline, that duplicate cannot be viewed until a unique license is downloaded to authorise that file. If new licenses are no longer available, that duplicate is useless. Because the license can grant a viewing window that exceeds the term of its own availability, this issue is of particular concern to the heavy downloader, who may wish to distribute an extended queue over several devices.

• Editado patronanejo miércoles, 27 de febrero de 2013 7:27
    miércoles, 27 de febrero de 2013 7:13