none
Horizontal Span with Nvidia Graphics Cards.

Question

• why is Horizontal Span not available with vista operating system??

i would really like to know it came in handy for the type of work i do.

mercredi 25 juin 2008 16:00

Toutes les réponses

• I know,

i'm currently not happy with vista not supporting span modes, i guess im just another person who will be going back to XP!

i've bought 2 monitors and was planning on a 3rd so i could play my games the way i like them (in horizontal span)

whats the point of vista using a graphics card with two or three monitor outputs if they don't work?

well...

heres the answer... of course you're going to use a very expensive graphics cards capabilities to surf the web twice on two different screens at once (NOT) whilst using 2 keyboards and 2 mice at the same time (NOT) because at the moment that's all vista's multi monitor capabilities are as far as i can see.

I don't think microsoft realise how bad this problem is for gamers.

Paul.

dimanche 3 août 2008 03:33
  • Paul

I just performed a cursory search on this subject and came up with the following result.

Matrox Graphics - Products - Graphics Cards - M-Series - M9140 LP PCIe x16:
    http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/products/graphics_cards/m_series/m9140lppciex16/features/

This card will support spanning up to 4 monitors and comes with certified drivers that support this configuration for Windows Vista 32bit and 64bit.

The question is, If Matrox can build a card that supports spanning multiple monitors in Vista, why can't nVidia or ATI???

If this post helps to resolve your issue, click the Mark as Answer button at the top of this message.
    By marking a post as Answered, you help others find the answer faster.

Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows Desktop Experience
    lundi 4 août 2008 04:55
    Modérateur
  • Upgrade to the Windows 8 abomination. It adds back horizontal span.
    dimanche 17 juin 2012 07:55