none
CBS log errors/Vista SP2

Réponses

• Hi,

Please refer to http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee619779%28WS.10%29.aspx for troubleshoot based on the CBS log. Here are the steps to get the log:

1. Click Start. Type "%WINDIR%\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.log" (without the quotation marks) in the Search Bar and press Enter. We will see a file named "CheckSUR.log"

2. Click on the "File" menu and then click on the "Save As".

3. From the left panel, click "Desktop" and click the Save button.

4. The file will be saved to your Desktop. You can upload the collected files to SkyDrive, and let me know the URL by replying this thread. For detailed steps on how to upload files with SkyDrive, please refer to:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproui/thread/4fc10639-02db-4665-993a-08d865088d65

The above Windows Live ID is ONLY for collecting troubleshooting information. Please do NOT send your questions to it. For any new questions, please post in the forums so that more MSFT, MVP and community members can help you.

Also the file %WINDIR%\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.persist.log

If no strong evidence from the log, In-place upgrade will be the fix if it is possible for your situation.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    lundi 4 avril 2011 02:26

Toutes les réponses

• Hi,

Please refer to http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee619779%28WS.10%29.aspx for troubleshoot based on the CBS log. Here are the steps to get the log:

1. Click Start. Type "%WINDIR%\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.log" (without the quotation marks) in the Search Bar and press Enter. We will see a file named "CheckSUR.log"

2. Click on the "File" menu and then click on the "Save As".

3. From the left panel, click "Desktop" and click the Save button.

4. The file will be saved to your Desktop. You can upload the collected files to SkyDrive, and let me know the URL by replying this thread. For detailed steps on how to upload files with SkyDrive, please refer to:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproui/thread/4fc10639-02db-4665-993a-08d865088d65

The above Windows Live ID is ONLY for collecting troubleshooting information. Please do NOT send your questions to it. For any new questions, please post in the forums so that more MSFT, MVP and community members can help you.

Also the file %WINDIR%\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.persist.log

If no strong evidence from the log, In-place upgrade will be the fix if it is possible for your situation.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    lundi 4 avril 2011 02:26
  • Thank you.  This is a good start at understanding why I was having problems and how to correct them.  Less clueless than before, Ed
    Ed Roesch
    mardi 12 avril 2011 00:57
  • Hi, i have problem with some corrupted files... I think... Sorry I'm not an expert as you. For a lot of time I had some problems with opening my pc. I thought "can happen". Because when sistem starts to go, after some seconds it doesn't open anymore. So I turn it off and open again, then wants to run with repair programme- this that has vista for repairing sistem. Then is all ok. But after some days or week, happens this same again, so again I fix with this windows vista tool. Recently I realised that happens too often this thing, and yesterday, even tool with fixing the sistem, couldn't deal with that, so I've rescued my pc with another - choosen random another tool to fix the sistem. So I could open again my pc. I've made a backup and in the mean time I wanted to try to find the solution of my problem (of course I haven't turned off pc from yesterday). I found some websites, but I don't know which is my problem at all and I don't know how to solve it. Can you help me??

I've made a scan with sfc/scannow, and at the end showed me that can't repair some files and there are details in CBS. Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. I've opened this and there is a lot of things which i don't understand at all. I can't do system restore because even I don't know when could happens this thing. How can I show you this CBS file to make you understand my problem?? There is really very long list of things that this scan has found and repair or not repair, maybe for you is enough to see what this CBS file showed me at the end:

OQ 86 ends.
    2012-02-20 21:30:53, Info                  CSI    0000025b [SR] Repair complete
    2012-02-20 21:30:53, Info                  CSI    0000025c [SR] Committing transaction
    2012-02-20 21:30:53, Info                  CSI    0000025d Creating NT transaction (seq 1), objectname [6]"(null)"
    2012-02-20 21:30:53, Info                  CSI    0000025e Created NT transaction (seq 1) result 0x00000000, handle @0x1b54
    2012-02-20 21:30:53, Info                  CSI    0000025f@2012/2/20:20:30:53.475 CSI perf trace:
    CSIPERF:TXCOMMIT;7
    2012-02-20 21:30:53, Info                  CSI    00000260 [SR] Verify and Repair Transaction completed. All files and registry keys listed in this transaction  have been successfully repaired
    2012-02-20 21:31:37, Info                  CBS    Scavenge: Package store indicates there is no component to scavenge, skipping.

So, is it OK, or not? What should I do ?? Can I turn off my pc and tomorrow do I have a chance to use it again??

Please help me!!! Can You explain me what to do, in some easy way?? If there is possible??

lundi 20 février 2012 21:20