none
Vista Drive and Software for Microsoft LifeCam VX6000

Question

• Does anyone have or know if Microsoft will work on a beta version of it's LifeCam software for it's own hardware product.

I got the driver to install OK, but the Software will not install even if all .exe's are placed in Compatability mode for Windows XP SP2 etc.

Thanks!

mercredi 9 août 2006 05:54

Réponses

•  Rudedog wrote:

Does anyone have or know if Microsoft will work on a beta version of it's LifeCam software for it's own hardware product.

I got the driver to install OK, but the Software will not install even if all .exe's are placed in Compatability mode for Windows XP SP2 etc.

Thanks!

The driver installed, but the webcam does actually work? ;)

samedi 9 septembre 2006 14:05

Toutes les réponses

• I e-mailed microsoft and have not heard back. I think that this is a problem that Microsoft does not have drivers for its own products compatible with Vista.
    vendredi 8 septembre 2006 19:41
  •  Rudedog wrote:

Does anyone have or know if Microsoft will work on a beta version of it's LifeCam software for it's own hardware product.

Thanks!

samedi 9 septembre 2006 14:05
  •  Telstar wrote:
     Rudedog wrote:

Thanks!

The answer is NO with RC1 and LifeCam VX6000

vendredi 15 septembre 2006 10:47
  • It worked fine for me. When I tried to install the driver it wouldn't install saying it needed XP, but then I plugged in the camera and Vista RC1 recognized the hardware.  Then I installed from CD with no problems.

D

jeudi 5 octobre 2006 01:23
  • On RC 1 VX 6000 audio worked but video NOT though it was told "your hardware is installed and ready to use"

anyway LifeCams R made in CHINA so maybe there somebody has some drivers for MS web cams (LOL)

jeudi 5 octobre 2006 07:03
  • well, finally, after the 3rd attempt VX 6000 audio and video works on VISTA RC 1, but as U say not installing software first opposite to what MS says. Well, maybe it's Chinese way which works!
    jeudi 5 octobre 2006 07:25
  • can you take the time to pass on info needed to get LifeCam vx-6000 to work

thanks

Wayne

itsme_justsurfin@hotmail.com

lundi 23 octobre 2006 12:46
  •  find driver disk or download the 1.2 software from microsoft

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/digitalcommunication/DownloadResult.aspx?prod=VX6000&os=xp&lang=en&driverVersion=Lifecam%201.0

expand to a folder

plug in webcam

find 2 entrys in device manager

go to driver update

install driver for device from subdirectory from folder

(just the driver you do not need the software) 32bit or 64bit directory

microsoft and skype (new beta) are fine with the webcam microsoft has a close beta under wraps but you need to get either a new nx device or wait till release date for the driver which will be made available.

KPB

dimanche 29 octobre 2006 19:25
  • Rudedog, I too have been having problems with this Microsoft LifeCam VX6000!  If it were only more user friendly with Windows Vista Premium, then I would be a happy camper!!! Smile  Maybe if we bug Microsoft dudes and dudettes then we can get somewhere!  <just kidding!>  But seriously, I would like to use my webcam that I did buy!  It is just a light paperweight right now. Sad

Take care people!

Dana

samedi 14 avril 2007 15:49
  • http://www.microsoft.com/harware/digitalcommunication/Download

My has worked perfect since software and divers were made available for Vista 32 bit

samedi 14 avril 2007 22:08
  • Hey guys,

I did the same procedirues them you and worked perfectly. But then the software stopped to work. I followed the procedures many times,and didn't work. When I try to save the folder as my friend  wrote the directions, (guide) and the vista always save just the application. when I go to the device mananger the vista don't recognize the application that I saved before... like a folder.

Someone have ideas? what can I do to work again???

Thanks,

Eliane

Email - eliammo@hotmail.com

jeudi 26 avril 2007 03:55
  •  

i haven't been able to get the cam to work on vista at all.

I have tried plugging in and installing the software in different orders with exactly the same results.

Tring to install the driver directly gives me a confirmation that i already have the latest driver. ie uninstalling the driver left it lying around somewhere.

it works fine on my xp laptop, and usb thumb drives work fine on my vista install.

i am beginning to think it may be something to do with the mother board.

I am running vista ultimate 64 bit, amd 64, K8N Neo (ms7030 v1.5 phoenix award bios 6.0PG live update 2) motherboard with nvidia nforce 3 chipset.

No other usb devices are attached and it is attached to one of the 2 mother board usb sockets.

my next move is to flash the bios, i see they have had some issues with usb 2.0 in the past, but it would be great if i could diagnose usb somehow.

anyone have a similar hardware configuration / debugging advice?

thanks

Jim

lundi 7 mai 2007 20:38
  • http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/download/download.aspx?category=ICE

Select the product and it will give you the latest version.

2.04 was the latest when I posted this.
    mercredi 13 août 2008 18:57