none
microsoft bluetooth notebook 5000 and bluetooth connectivity problem

Question

• I have been trying to find a solution to my problem for a while, and haven't been able to.  I have updated drivers, uninstalled/reinstalled device, turned on/off, removed batteries, held connect button, paired w/ and w/o code, checked as many sites as I could, and it's still not working.  I went to the Dell website and couldn't find anything else to fix my problem.

The problem is that my BT mouse went from working fine to not working at all this morning.

It stopped responding as I was using it, so I turned it off, and when I turned it on I had to pair it to my computer again. I did that, and then after pairing, and installing the drivers again, it would disappear from my device manager list. It went from saying "Microsoft bluetooth notebook mouse 5000" to "bluetooth notebook mouse 5000" to completely disappearing. While it was doing this, the red and green alternating lights would not stop flashing.  I did this about 4 or 5 times. Now it won't even show up when I go to add a device, and the lights won't stop alternating at all. If I just turn it on, it is not picked up my computer, and all notifications of "bluetooth device found" have stopped.

Now I can't even find my bluetooth device button to easily find my bluetooth devices (I have a keyboard as well, that has no problems).

So... I am at a loss now, and don't know what to do next.

vendredi 6 mai 2011 08:13

Réponses

• Have you replaced the batteries with fresh batteries?

Next, check the Dell support site for the computer for newer Bluetooth module drivers.

To identify the device, click Start->type devmgmt.msc -> and select device manager from the results. Find the device in the list->right-click it->select properties

Is the radio working properly- does it have the message that it is-click on the drivers tab and check the version vs. what is available from Dell.

Is there a device nearby causing interference? Wireless phone, cell phone, another bluetooth radio, etc.

vendredi 6 mai 2011 11:40
  • Does the mouse work on other computers? If it works on other machines, I suggest you update the Bluetooth adapter driver on the problematic computer and see the result.
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    lundi 9 mai 2011 09:20
    Modérateur

Toutes les réponses

• Have you replaced the batteries with fresh batteries?

Next, check the Dell support site for the computer for newer Bluetooth module drivers.

To identify the device, click Start->type devmgmt.msc -> and select device manager from the results. Find the device in the list->right-click it->select properties

Is the radio working properly- does it have the message that it is-click on the drivers tab and check the version vs. what is available from Dell.

Is there a device nearby causing interference? Wireless phone, cell phone, another bluetooth radio, etc.

vendredi 6 mai 2011 11:40
  • Does the mouse work on other computers? If it works on other machines, I suggest you update the Bluetooth adapter driver on the problematic computer and see the result.
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    lundi 9 mai 2011 09:20
    Modérateur
  • I have IBM ThinkPad X201 on Wndows 7.  The Microsoft bluetooth keep disconnecting from my laptop and I have been repeating adding the device to the bluetooth device console.  There is no Windows 7 driver available.  After half an year of struggling in searching for answer, here is the one FINALLY works for me...  Hope it will help you, too.

http://sherylcanter.com/wordpress/2010/01/bluetooth-mouse-losing-connection-no-more/

mardi 22 novembre 2011 14:38
  • I am sure you have this resolved but I thought I would throw my issue out there in case it helps anyone.  My Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 works and then for no reason stops working.  After a few minutes I can check it then it will work and basically all day is back and forth from working to not.  I found some articles and nothing resolved my issue.

Here is the fix in my case.

I was messing with the mouse at one point while it was not working and thought I saw the Bluetooth light on my laptop illuminate.  Sure enough the next time my mouse stopped working a couple seconds after it stopped the bluetooth light turned off. That gave me an idea.

Go to Device manager locate the bluetooth adapter.

Right click the Blue tooth adapter and choose properties

In the properties windows choose the Power Management tab

Uncheck the box that says allow windows to turn off the device to save power.

After I did this and hit OK the Light turned on and has not gone out since.

Like I said this may not ally to your situation but if there is anyone else out there with the same trouble it may help them.

• Proposé comme réponse Vandeber mardi 4 décembre 2012 04:23
    jeudi 15 décembre 2011 18:50
  • I have the exactly same issue as yours and try all the methods below but it doesn't work.
    lundi 28 mai 2012 04:44
  • Well, Finally I found the answer for me.

Actrually there are two bluetooth services when you open sevices.msc.

In the bluetooth service you need to choose the local systerm account and also click on the option (enable service between desktop something...) below.

In the bluetooth support service, you need to change it to "this account" and input LOCAL SERVICE and also leave the password empty.

Set the starttype of these two to Automatic.

After you did these, you need to reboot these two services.

At last, reconnect the mouse see if it works. If it doesn't work try choosing different options of these two services.

mardi 29 mai 2012 00:00
  • It the power management setting. Check my post here:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itprohardware/thread/1a47d7b9-789a-4f22-bb5e-bf17b8999af2

mercredi 12 décembre 2012 13:53
  • I've tried every possible solutions in this thread and still have the problem. My problem is exactly the sames as yours: after pairing and installing drivers, the keyboard still doesn't work and the light's still keeps flashing (green/red). then after a while my device disappears from blue devices list.

I got my keyboard on wednesday and been using it for two days until now (friday night), it just suddenly stopped working.

here's what i've tried:

1. power manager thingy in device manager;

2. services: bluetooth support service - log on - this account: local service.

3. tried both 'this account: local service' and local system account. and if i chose local system account it doesn't even discover my keyboard anymore.

4. uninstall/reinstall bluetooth adapter in device manager.

still not working. any suggestions?

• Modifié neolzs samedi 23 mars 2013 06:55
    samedi 23 mars 2013 06:53
  • I am about to go buy a new mouse as this has happened to me. Neolzs, I have tried everything you have. I am at a lost other than it was a malfunction but I find it strange it just stopped working while using it. Now my mouse blinks red constantly and never connects.
    mercredi 17 avril 2013 02:12
  • Mine is the same as the others.  I'm happily using the laptop when suddenly the mouse stops.

I have tried the power save option, as well as changing the BlueTooth services settings.  Nothing.

The batteries are fine, leave it to an MS guys to suggest something that immature.  The mouse has worked for years on Win 2000 and XP machines, both of which were Toshiba.  Of course the instant I have Win 7 pushed on me, problems happen.

Sometimes rebooting solves the problem.  Real convenient when your in the middle of working on things.

dimanche 22 septembre 2013 15:18