none
Pin to Start Menu doesn't work for scripts/.bat .ink's?

Question

• Hi all,
    Trying to pin a shortcut link to a .bat script and it doesn't provide the option and when I put the .ink in the actual folder c:\user\...start menu (hidden pin-to directory) it doesn't display even after reboot. Why is Windows 7 blocking a .ink that isn't to an .exe? Anyone have a fix/work-around? I would really like this to pin to my start menu. I also have tried pinning to the taskbar, same issue.

Thanks!
    samedi 7 novembre 2009 20:44

Réponses

• You can add your own on Right: right click on the toolbar, selecting Toolbars->New toolbar...
    I make my own toolbar to the right of where pinned items go. Here for example, I have a network connections shortcut which allows enable, disable, and status; a shortcut to personal resetinet.bat, a shortcut to delete items in \Temp; another to pass clipboard PrtScn through Paint to desktop Picture(x).jpg, shortcut to Scrabble game and so on. Can put whatever is pinned to Taskbar here instead if I wish or  can leave it there or can leave it pinned to the Start Menu.
    Currently have 7 items pinned to Taskbar and 8 items im MyToolbar. Nothing cluttering Desktop
    jeudi 12 novembre 2009 15:08

Toutes les réponses

• I just added a link to a .bat file in Startup (had to Take Ownership first), rebooted and the bat file launched as expected. Checked and it was still there in Startup.
    Rich
    dimanche 8 novembre 2009 00:29
  • Adding a link...not an issue.

Pinning to recent or taskbar = the issue.
    dimanche 8 novembre 2009 02:20
  • I was responding to this part of your initial post:

and when I put the .ink in the actual folder c:\user\...start menu (hidden pin-to directory) it doesn't display even after reboot.

Agree, batch file does not have a Pin to xxxx selection for me either.

Rich
    lundi 9 novembre 2009 02:36

• You can add your own on Right: right click on the toolbar, selecting Toolbars->New toolbar...
    I make my own toolbar to the right of where pinned items go. Here for example, I have a network connections shortcut which allows enable, disable, and status; a shortcut to personal resetinet.bat, a shortcut to delete items in \Temp; another to pass clipboard PrtScn through Paint to desktop Picture(x).jpg, shortcut to Scrabble game and so on. Can put whatever is pinned to Taskbar here instead if I wish or  can leave it there or can leave it pinned to the Start Menu.
    Currently have 7 items pinned to Taskbar and 8 items im MyToolbar. Nothing cluttering Desktop
    jeudi 12 novembre 2009 15:08
  • create a shortcut on the desktop then drag that shortcut down to the start button then up to where you'd like on the start menu. 

mardi 12 juin 2012 16:01