none
Intel(R) Management Engine Interface

Question

• Today I got the following message after weeks of uneventfull work with windows 7:

This is a Windows 7 beta Response. Please provide feedback using the survey mechanism below to help us improve quality.
    Laden Sie den Treiber für Intel(R) Management Engine Interface herunter, und installieren Sie ihn.

Dieser Fehler wurde durch Intel(R) Management Engine Interface verursacht. Intel(R) Management Engine Interface wurde von Intel Corporation hergestellt.

Lösung

Laden Sie den Treiber für Intel(R) Management Engine Interface von der Website des Herstellers herunter, und installieren Sie ihn.

Intel Corporation

Installieren Sie den Treiber für Intel(R) Management Engine Interface gemäß den Anweisungen auf der Website des Herstellers.

Downloading and installing the new driver causing the fault message. that the driver is not in compability with my operating system (Windows 7 64 bit). Any idea?
    dimanche 22 février 2009 19:17

Réponses

• Hi Panikbilly:
         Unless I misunderstood the warning you received I think it is the same warning you get when you try to manually install any Intel drivers for your motherboard downloaded from their website.  I don't believe there is any problem using the current Vista 32 or 64-bit drivers in Windows 7.  The warning is normal because the Intel install mechanism is designed for Vista and you are using it for Windows 7. 
        All you need to do to successfully install any current Vista Intel driver in Windows 7 is to right click the extracted "Setup" file and select "Troubleshoot compatibility">check the box "The program worked in earlier versions of Windows but won't install now">select Windows Vista and follow the prompts to install the drivers.
    mercredi 25 février 2009 03:09

Toutes les réponses

•  

Hi,

This issue should be a Intel problem. I think the issue cannot be resolved by Microsoft side. I suggest you contact Intel Support to address the problem.

Thank you for your understanding.

mardi 24 février 2009 09:12
  • The problem is of course initially an Intel Problem. The solution recommended by windows causing to download a driver, resulting than  in an error message, that the driver update is not good for this operating system, is a Windows 7 problem! Besides is this computer working fine on the XP-side and the system had no problems during the first weeks using windows 7 as well.
    mardi 24 février 2009 21:12
  • Hi Panikbilly:
         Unless I misunderstood the warning you received I think it is the same warning you get when you try to manually install any Intel drivers for your motherboard downloaded from their website.  I don't believe there is any problem using the current Vista 32 or 64-bit drivers in Windows 7.  The warning is normal because the Intel install mechanism is designed for Vista and you are using it for Windows 7. 
        All you need to do to successfully install any current Vista Intel driver in Windows 7 is to right click the extracted "Setup" file and select "Troubleshoot compatibility">check the box "The program worked in earlier versions of Windows but won't install now">select Windows Vista and follow the prompts to install the drivers.
    mercredi 25 février 2009 03:09
  • Thank you newnerd, your answer helped me and solved the problem. My Windows 7 is running with no problems, absolutely stable - neverless I had no problems with vista either. Sorry for my late answer. but I had been very busy and didn't work with Windows 7 for the last 14 days.

Greetings from old Europe
    samedi 21 mars 2009 17:46