none
Keaboard hangs

Question

• My pretty new (2 month) Samsung laptop with Win 7 Pro has been troublesome since it was new. Lots of hangs and sometimes blue screen. Not to mention all the "(Not responding)"

Now the keyboard (both internal and USB) hangs soon after boot and log on. It used to be sufficient to reboot, but not anymore. I'm typing this through my old computer and Remote Desktop Connection. That means my Samsung works alright except the keyboard.

I have temporarily swapped HDD with another similar machine and everything works OK, so I have ruled out hardware to be the cause of the problem.

I have made a disk image and installed the image drive. No change = no HDD problem.

Anyone?

lundi 20 février 2012 12:05

Réponses

• Did it start failing at a particular time, or has it always been flaky?

Since you appear to have a full backup image of it, have you tried a fresh, clean OS install?

It certainly sounds as if you've done all the right kinds of isolation troubleshooting, but just keep in mind that you may have had it coincidentally work well at some point and made the assumption that it was what you did that worked around the problem, when in fact whatever hardware gremlins happened to be sleeping at that moment.  Unlikely but such things happen.  For example, it's entirely possible that when you swapped-in the hard drive you had had the chassis apart for a while and everything had a chance to cool off.

Personally I think I'd get Samsung involved and try to get a replacement system under warranty, while it's still very new.

Best of luck!

-Noel

Detailed how-to in my new eBook: Configure The Windows 7 "To Work" Options

lundi 20 février 2012 20:28