none
Multiple monitors - how many are supported?

Question

• I am planning to use more than 16 monitors on a Windows 7 installation. What is the maximum limit of Monitors that Windows 7 can manage on one desktop?
    Does anyone know if this Graphics card is supported in Windows 7? "NVIDIA Quadro NVS 450 x16 for DV "

I seem to recall having read that 64 monitors are supported, but I can not find that information again....
    vendredi 26 juin 2009 22:36

Réponses

• I am planning to use more than 16 monitors on a Windows 7 installation. What is the maximum limit of Monitors that Windows 7 can manage on one desktop?
    Does anyone know if this Graphics card is supported in Windows 7? "NVIDIA Quadro NVS 450 x16 for DV "

I seem to recall having read that 64 monitors are supported, but I can not find that information again....
    Hi

I'm not sure if there is a maximum limit for displays? I have personally seen a system that had 24 displays attached, but I'm not sure what the specs were on the system, except that it had Windows XP installed.

There is a limit of 10 displays, but this is only a limit of the Display Properties Applet in the Control Panel. If you attach more than 10 monitors, you would also need a custom display properties applet that is capable of configuring the extra monitors.

I think the maximum number of monitors depends more on the graphic cards. The nVidia Quadro NVS 450 only has ports to attach 4 displays, so you would need at least 4 of those cards to attach 16 monitors, which would mean that you would also need 4 PCI Express x16 connector slots on the system board or some type of external graphics board connectors.

Hope this helps.

Thank You for testing Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    samedi 27 juin 2009 07:09

Toutes les réponses

Hi

I'm not sure if there is a maximum limit for displays? I have personally seen a system that had 24 displays attached, but I'm not sure what the specs were on the system, except that it had Windows XP installed.

There is a limit of 10 displays, but this is only a limit of the Display Properties Applet in the Control Panel. If you attach more than 10 monitors, you would also need a custom display properties applet that is capable of configuring the extra monitors.

I think the maximum number of monitors depends more on the graphic cards. The nVidia Quadro NVS 450 only has ports to attach 4 displays, so you would need at least 4 of those cards to attach 16 monitors, which would mean that you would also need 4 PCI Express x16 connector slots on the system board or some type of external graphics board connectors.

Hope this helps.

Thank You for testing Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    samedi 27 juin 2009 07:09
  • Hi i was recnetly reading this topic in reply to Ronnie Vernon post in saying that you would need 4 cards in reply i know you can get vga splliter which will send signals to your computer stating there are more than 4 monitors i am personaly writing this disagreement on a triple set display runing of a single laptop vga output

Hope it helps

lundi 28 mai 2012 16:32