none
Marked C drive Active and now can't boot even rom windows 7 disk.

תשובות

כל התגובות

• It really depends on your Win 7 installation.  The default installation make a 100MB System Reserved partition which is the one that is marked as the Active partition because ti has the files needed to boot up Windows.

The C: drive partition is not marked as Active because ti does not intiate the boot process.

And exactly what do you mean when you state you "can't even boot from Windows DVD"?  Will the DVD not boot up at all?

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

שבת 25 פברואר 2012 20:01
  • I cannot boot even if I use my windows 7 DVD.  I can set the bios to boot from the dvd drive but the booting stops and screen is black.  I even tried my old XP disk and motherboard disk.  Computer won't read anything.

REXBOND

שבת 25 פברואר 2012 20:30
  • If you cannot boot from you Windows DVD there is no way to fix your Windows 7 system problem.

You will have to get your hardware to boot from the optical drive before you can attempt to fix the partition flag on the hard drive.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

שבת 25 פברואר 2012 20:37
  • If you want to mark the C drive as active and your DVD is not working still you can do so... boot the machine to bootable WINPE USB key and use diskpart and mark the partition as active.

You have to install the WAIK/Windows OPK to create a boot able winpe USB.

N.A.Malik

יום ראשון 26 פברואר 2012 18:18
  • If you want to mark the C drive as active and your DVD is not working still you can do so... boot the machine to bootable WINPE USB key and use diskpart and mark the partition as active.

N.A.Malik

How do you propose he download and install the WAIK if he cannot boot into Windows?
    יום ראשון 26 פברואר 2012 18:36

N.A.Malik

How do you propose he download and install the WAIK if he cannot boot into Windows?
    Of course from a different computer (technician PC, term used by MS). Use any other PC to prepare the WinPE USB and repair the target machine.

N.A.Malik

יום ראשון 26 פברואר 2012 22:57
  • Hi,

Pleae check your BIOS settings again.  You may try to run WinPE with flash drive or external hard disk to repair your Windows 7 OS.  Of course, the preparation is on another computer.  Following are two similar articles can be referred to.

How do you create a WinPE bootable USB for Windows 7
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_install/how-do-you-create-a-winpe-bootable-usb-for-windows/8993afc1-d9da-46a0-abf6-e3614975d088

How To: Install Windows 7 Or Windows 8 From USB Drive [Detailed 100% Working Guide]
    http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-install-windows-7vista-from-usb-drive-detailed-100-working-guide

Hope that helps.

יום שלישי 28 פברואר 2012 01:36