none
How to upgrade guest operating system on virtual pc under windows 7

שאלה

• I have a windows 2003 ent evaluation edition that just expired as a guest operating sytem. I have msdn subscription and downloaded windows 2003 ent and mapped as a dvd drive to the guest operating system. I cannot get to see the boot menu on the guest menu to upgrade the guest operating system.

How can I upgrade the guest operating system from the windows 2003 installation dvd-rom?

thank you

Gokhan Varol

יום שני 11 יוני 2012 12:14

תשובות

• The simplest way to enter the BIOS is:
    start VM, press SHIFT+ESC to open the boot window (if you dont' get the black book window), then press DEL repeatedly to get into BIOS, you may need to reset the machine a couple times to get in, you only get a couple seconds to enter the BIOS.
    Once in under Boot-->Boot device priority, change the 1st boot device to CDROM, the BIOS will swap the hard drive to the 2nd boot device automatically.

if you can't get in there, you may be able to edit the .vmc to allow this to work.  I've never found the right section, but changing the first "4" of the cmos section forces a bios error prompt to come up at start and allow you to get into the bios.

• סומן כתשובה על-ידי Gokhan Varol יום שני 11 יוני 2012 17:30
    יום שני 11 יוני 2012 17:30

כל התגובות

• The simplest way to enter the BIOS is:
    start VM, press SHIFT+ESC to open the boot window (if you dont' get the black book window), then press DEL repeatedly to get into BIOS, you may need to reset the machine a couple times to get in, you only get a couple seconds to enter the BIOS.
    Once in under Boot-->Boot device priority, change the 1st boot device to CDROM, the BIOS will swap the hard drive to the 2nd boot device automatically.

if you can't get in there, you may be able to edit the .vmc to allow this to work.  I've never found the right section, but changing the first "4" of the cmos section forces a bios error prompt to come up at start and allow you to get into the bios.

• סומן כתשובה על-ידי Gokhan Varol יום שני 11 יוני 2012 17:30
  • Thank you

Gokhan Varol