none
Windows 7 RC1 in VPC won't recognize wireless of host

Pertanyaan

• My host PC is an HP laptop running Vista Home Premium. I've been running the Windows 7 betas in VPC 2007 SP1 with no problem. I've been able to select the host's wireless in the VPC settings and the guest OS works quite well with it.

However, now that I've built a VPC using RC1, it won't recognize the host wireless. I have to change the VPC network settings to either the wired NIC or NAT in order to get the guest OS, Windows 7 RC1, to get on the network.

As far as I'm concerned, I created the RC1 VPC the same as I did the Beta VPC. So what is wrong and how do I fix this so that I can select the host wireless NIC in the VPC network settings so that Windows 7 RC1 as the guest OS, recognizes it?

Jonathan
    05 Mei 2009 23:31

Jawaban

• Thanks Axenet,

This forum is for discussing Windows Virtual PC related issue.

Copying from this Forum description
    "Use this forum to discuss the virtualization technologies, tools, and techniques in Windows 7. Please do not use this forum to discuss Virtual PC 2007, Virtual Server 2005, or Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V technologies"

Thanks Vrijesh Kothari ******************* This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use.
    07 Mei 2009 14:40

Semua Balasan

• So your wireless interface not shown in the list at all?
    06 Mei 2009 7:21
  • I probably didn't explain this clearly, sorry. In the VPC Networking settings, all interfaces are shown, including the wireless. The guest OS, Windows 7 RC1, is using an emulated Intel NIC.

With the Windows 7 Betas, I could select the host wireless interface in VPC and I had no problem with getting the guest OS on the network and internet. I could, on the fly in the VPC Networking setting (at the bottom of the VPC window), change between the wired, wireless, and NAT interfaces and after a brief period, the guest OS would come back on the network.

But now, the guest OS will only get on the network if I select either the wired or NAT interfaces in the VPC Networking settings. If I select the host wireless interface, the guest OS cannot get on the network.

This is ONLY if the guest OS is Windows 7 RC1. I had no trouble at all with the Windows 7 Betas and I also have no trouble with a Windows XP guest OS. With the Windows XP guest OS, I can choose any of the 3 interfaces in VPC and the guest OS can always see the network.

Jonathan
    06 Mei 2009 15:00
  • Can you please clarify if you are using VPC 2007 SP1 or the new released Windows Virtual PC?

Thanks Vrijesh Kothari ******************* This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use.
    07 Mei 2009 13:34
  • This is VPC 2007 SP1 running on a Vista host since the new Windows Virtual PC only runs on Windows 7 (at least as far as I know).

Jonathan
    07 Mei 2009 14:28
  • Thanks Axenet,

This forum is for discussing Windows Virtual PC related issue.

Copying from this Forum description
    "Use this forum to discuss the virtualization technologies, tools, and techniques in Windows 7. Please do not use this forum to discuss Virtual PC 2007, Virtual Server 2005, or Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V technologies"

07 Mei 2009 14:40
  • Sorry, I thought this forum was for dealing with virtualization issues with Windows 7. I did not see what you quoted above. I thought ALL Windows 7 issues were to be handled in the 'Windows 7 Forums'. So besides shutting the door in my face, do you have any helpful suggestions as to what forum I'm supposed to go to with my problem?
    07 Mei 2009 15:02