none
Windows Installer Stops Working

Pertanyaan

• hello.  I am trying to install Windows 2010 office upgrade and Quickbooks Pro 2007 onto Vista home premium.  Both products work on a clean hard drive using the same hardware and oS.  The installer keeps stalling out.  On quickbooks it runs for 20 mins then errors out.  For MS Office 2010  the Installation Progress screen does nothing.  The progress bar that says installing microsoft office professional plus 2020...  HELP.  It also it stuck on a HP update (Failure) and realtek driver instal (failure)  every time I manually try to update these files , it fails, on resart it says it is updating the computer and to not turn it off but it can run over 24 hours and not do anything but keep the message on that says not to turn it off!  HELP!

Thank you,

Gil Davis

Tillamook
    • Dipindahkan oleh Carey FrischMVP, Moderator 29 Januari 2012 21:46 Moved to more appropriate forum category (From:Windows Vista Setup)
    29 Januari 2012 10:57

Jawaban

• I suggest you check the system file firstly. Click Start, input cmd in the search box, press ENTER to open the command prompt. Then input the command: sfc /scannow

Press ENTER to perform the system file check.

If it still doesn't work, I suggest you enable Windows Installer logging, it will create the log file to help diagnose the issue. Refer to this KB: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/223300 

After the log is created, zip and upload it to your SkyDrive, put it in a public folder and reply a folder link here, I'll check it later.

Regards,

Miya

TechNet Subscriber Support

If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.

Miya Yao

TechNet Community Support

• Ditandai sebagai Jawaban oleh Sabrina Shen 06 Februari 2012 7:06
    30 Januari 2012 4:07

Semua Balasan

• I suggest you check the system file firstly. Click Start, input cmd in the search box, press ENTER to open the command prompt. Then input the command: sfc /scannow

Press ENTER to perform the system file check.

If it still doesn't work, I suggest you enable Windows Installer logging, it will create the log file to help diagnose the issue. Refer to this KB: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/223300 

After the log is created, zip and upload it to your SkyDrive, put it in a public folder and reply a folder link here, I'll check it later.

Regards,

Miya

If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.

Miya Yao

• Ditandai sebagai Jawaban oleh Sabrina Shen 06 Februari 2012 7:06
    30 Januari 2012 4:07
  • How's it going?

Please feel free to give us any update.

Regards,

Miya

Miya Yao

03 Februari 2012 2:12
  • Since the thread has been quite for a while, we assume the issue has been resolved. I'll mark it as answered in order to help other communities who may encounter the similar issue. If you have any update please directly reply it back.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation!

Regards,

Miya

Miya Yao

06 Februari 2012 7:04
  • I just started having this problem....  windows installer keeps disappearing on me.  Do a system restore, then it's good for a short period, then it's gone again.

What the heck is going on here!  I've restore vista back to factory settings, done all the updates and now this is happening AGAIN!!!!!!!!  HELP PLZ!!!!

09 Mei 2012 3:58