none
A device attached to the system is not functioning.

Pertanyaan

• Getting Windows 7 (64 bit) hanging every couple of days - stepping back with system restore seems to clear it for another two days. Event viewer shows a series of errors - including the message 'A device attached to the system is not functioning' - but how can I trace what this is. Is it likely to be an external peripheral, or an integral part pf the laptop?
    08 Juni 2011 19:07

Jawaban

Semua Balasan

• When you see this error, have you looked in Device Manager to see if any devices are flagged?

Control Panel->Device manager...

Usually malfunctioning devices are flagged with a yellow background icon with an ! in it.

08 Juni 2011 21:28
  • It's actually a friend's PC - so I have not seen the problem myself and (as so often happens) having had the PC here for a week it hasn't reoccured - the only thing I have really done is to remove a couple of trojans, but I am not 100% convinced they are the problem.

Obviously I can hand the machine back and wait for it to break (perhaps this points to a peripheral - I just have the PC here) - and we will then certainly check the device manager. I was really wondering if there is ny other log or whatever other record that would show the problem after the conflict has gone away.

Thanks

Neil

09 Juni 2011 7:46
  • I am occasionally receiveing a similar error when I attach a USB2.0 hard drive, it loses

the USB mouse connection.

cheers

09 Juni 2011 9:32
  • Hi,

The following link is for your reference.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc978749.aspx 

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    10 Juni 2011 8:56
  • Thanks for the replies - this happens when no external device is attached, so it would seem to be one of the integral parts of the PC. Device manager is no help, as the PC hangs to the extent that NOTHING can be done. We have now found that if left long enough eventually it will clear. I did find another warning message in event log and following that up have now updated the (INtel) graphics driver (all other drivers up to date) and reinstalled latest Intel management interface SW (I think! Should have noted it down!). Now back with owner to see if it breaks again -t ime will tell....
    20 Juni 2011 10:38