none
XP CPU 100% utilization

Pertanyaan

• XP, SP3 up to date. Compaq with AMD processor and 2.5 GB RAM. At various times, very frequently machine goes to 100% cpu with little or nothing happening and stays there until some programs are quit. Happens regularly in Firefox (all recent versions with moderate number of windows open) and will not let me upgrade my iPod Touch to ios5. ITunes as only program running ALWAYS stops at the same spot in the early backup process. People have been complaining of similar problems from at least 2005 to just recently with no clear fix indicated. SVChost does not seem to be involved. When iTunes or Firefox is forced quit normal cpu level is returned. The problem seems to be in Windows with users of XP, Vista and 7 complaining about it bitterly!
    05 Nopember 2011 4:21

Jawaban

• How much free hard disk space do you have available?

If you're running low on hard disk space, the writing to paging file and temporary files can really slow your PC down, and cause constant hard disk access.

I would suggest:

• Disc Cleanup
    • Disc Defrag
    • Scan with the free Anti Malware from malwarebytes.org (even though you already have protection in place)

07 Nopember 2011 17:24

Semua Balasan

• I'd suggest you take a look at iTunes, as it could be setup as acting as a server, and other people could be accessing your music from the Internet. I don't use it much myself, so you'll have to look for that setting, and disable it when you find it.

Also recommendable, download the newest version of Anti Malware from malwarebytes.org and run a scan of your system. It's very good at finding malware/spyware.

05 Nopember 2011 4:32
  • Not the case. Sharing is turned off totally with very little music in system. Others have reported similar problems. Recent virus scan and Spybot recently implemented.
    David F
    05 Nopember 2011 6:02
  • How much free hard disk space do you have available?

If you're running low on hard disk space, the writing to paging file and temporary files can really slow your PC down, and cause constant hard disk access.

I would suggest:

• Disc Cleanup
    • Disc Defrag
    • Scan with the free Anti Malware from malwarebytes.org (even though you already have protection in place)

07 Nopember 2011 17:24