none
Solution to: Games not working in Vista

Pertanyaan

• Recently I upgraded my Windows XP to Windows Vista Beta 2. I was happy with the interface, until I found out all my games don't work anymore. Games that won't work are those full-screen games, and they usually show a black screen or suddenly exited when the game is running. I've found out the solution to this problem, and maybe it can help someone else with the same problem out there.

For those who use Nvidia GeforceFX GPU, go to their website and download their drivers for Windows Vista instead of Windows XP. Install the drivers and restart your computer.

To other users; I would like to advice that you should update your hardware drivers (sound card, graphics card and such) after upgrading to Windows Vista Beta 2. Sometimes, Vista Beta 2 is unable to identify which hardware drivers that are incompatible.. for example my GPU: Nvidia GeForce FX5500.

Hope this helps, : )

15 Juli 2006 15:18

Jawaban

• by the way, you should care with the difference build of Vista.

Some devices driver for Vista maybe design for a specific build.

So, you can expect many problem will occur in the current beta build. If you encounter any other problem, please remember to report it to MS by using the Microsoft Beta Client.

thx!

17 Juli 2006 17:26

Semua Balasan

• This is usual for old devices driver causing problem.

To let Vista to be run smooth, it's a good practice to use the latest WDDM drivrs in Vista.

15 Juli 2006 17:21
  • Maybe we can get a bit more detail, for example:

America'sArmy 2.6 punkbuster client incorrectly identifies Windows Vista, even when run under WindowsXP SP2 compatibility mode, as a GameHook cheat.

Battlefield 2 v1.3 incorrectly identifies SoundBlaster X-Fi as a non-X-Fi soundcard under latest 2.10 X-fi driver (Vista x86).

While more detail than that is also helpful, its kind-of the bare minimum. If everything fails, then its a glitch localized to your machine; as Richard says, check your drivers and update them as necessary to the correct versions. (Forceware88 I believe is the latest build for GeForceFX Vista)

You may also need to run DXDIAG to make sure that DirectX is coming up as Version10. If its not, then DirectX probably had a glitch upon Vista installation and you need to reinstall Vista.
    16 Juli 2006 5:21
  • by the way, you should care with the difference build of Vista.

Some devices driver for Vista maybe design for a specific build.

So, you can expect many problem will occur in the current beta build. If you encounter any other problem, please remember to report it to MS by using the Microsoft Beta Client.

thx!

17 Juli 2006 17:26
  • I Realise this is an ancient thread and it may not get looked at but here goes....

I am not technically minded I can put bits in and take bits out of a tower but thats about as far as it goes, programming is totally beyond me.  I am attempting to get one of my old favourites, Medieval Total war to work on vista but it refuse to display the campaign map but will allow me to do a quick battle.  Is anyone aware of a way round this?  I only have a basic laptop, no graphics card etc...  Pathces or anything else would be helpful....
    24 April 2008 18:30
  • I just got a new pc with Vista and all the old games like(1602ad and axis&allies) wont load on vista,i dont have the paperwork on them anymore just the discs.....can anyone help?
    • Disarankan sebagai Jawaban oleh Warduck 18 Desember 2008 2:11
    18 Desember 2008 2:10