none
Windows 7 Home Premium Update to SP1 error 80070002!

Pertanyaan

• Hi all, I a while back I tried to install windows 7 SP1 but it failed, I tried it a few more times and then just hid the update. More recently I attempted to install the update again and received the error 80070002. So I tried to fix it using the recommended windows fix of deleting files in the /WINDOWS/softwaredistribution folder, after stopping the windows update service.

Having done that and the update no longer working, I attempted another fix of trying the system readiness tool and the manual download of windows service pack 1. After it looking promising at the start and starting the installation, it hung in the middle and then prompted me saying that the installation was not successful and to try the before mention windows fix.

In the details section at the bottom of the prompt it says 'Error: ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND(0X80070002)'. Now I'm looking for any more way to solve this problem. I have seen on other websites of people checking the CBS logs but I'm not quite sure what to do but can provide them if required.

Some more information that may be useful is that I'm using Microsoft security essentials for protection and use widows firewall. I also have Ad-aware installed.

21 April 2012 15:13

Semua Balasan

• 1. I would disable all security software before installing SP1

2. If this not help, the start installation from DVD and choose UPGRADE. This will take off IE 9 but is otherwise not harmful procedure. Apply the SP1.

3. In trobleshooting look alwars in Windows Update log file and Error Reporting file (read it from the bottom up) and look yor information here.

4. If nothing helps, prepare updated Window 7 installation medium by slipstreaming procedure, backup your installation and start from the very beginning (you may try easy transfer and similar tool but I would be more confident in vanilla plain installation)

Regards

Milos

22 April 2012 8:17
  • Hi ,

Some third party applications can cause the installation failure. Please go to the Clean Boot and try to install the manual download of win7 SP1.

If the issue persists, please use System File Checker tool for troubleshooting.

Meanwhile, please refer to the following link to post the CBS log in %windir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproui/thread/4fc10639-02db-4665-993a-08d865088d65

Best Regards,

Tracy Cai

Tracy Cai

TechNet Community Support

23 April 2012 8:02
  • Hi,

please disable the AV and Ad Aware and try to run again.

If this didn´t work run sfc /scannow.

Regards,

Tim

http://directoryadmin.blogspot.com

23 April 2012 8:20
  • Hi Tracy, I have attempted to run the SP1 update in the clean boot state, but it failed. After searching around some more, I also tried to run the windows Fix It tool in aggressive in a clean boot and then to try install the update and still no fix.

I have uploaded my CBS.log file to my skydrive, the link is as follows

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=dadf358dc485de75&resid=DADF358DC485DE75!155&id=DADF358DC485DE75%21155

26 April 2012 20:04
  • Hi ,

Have you used the System File Checker tool? If not, please run it and let me know the result.

After check the link you provided, there is no CBS log in it.

Please make sure to select the "Everyone (Public)" option in the "Share with" box.

Tracy Cai

27 April 2012 5:25
  • Sorry, it said i could link you that folder to share what was inside the folder, i have tried to move it to the public folder which says it shared with everyone.

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=dadf358dc485de75&resid=DADF358DC485DE75!155&id=DADF358DC485DE75%21155#cid=DADF358DC485DE75&id=DADF358DC485DE75%21152

27 April 2012 10:56
  • Did you get chance to look at my CBS log tracy cai? or did it not work agian? 

Thanks

04 Mei 2012 18:49
  • Hi Sweed171,

After checking the CBS log, I only found the warning is:

“2012-04-26 20:25:37, Info                  CBS    SQM: Warning: Failed to upload all unsent reports. [HRESULT = 0x80004005 - E_FAIL]”.

I my last post, I suggest using System File Checker tool for troubleshooting.

If this still cannot help us, I’m afraid that you have to perform an In-place upgrade.

Best Regards,

Tracy Cai

Tracy Cai

07 Mei 2012 2:42
  • Hi Tracy, i ran the SFC/scannow command and it said it was unable to repair some files. 

I followed the instructions from the link and got the text file and uploaded it to skydrive for you to take a look at when you get the time. 

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=DADF358DC485DE75&id=DADF358DC485DE75%21152

Thanks

07 Mei 2012 14:01
  • Hi ,

I found this entry for a file that could not be repaired:

=============================

2012-05-07 14:55:56, Info                  CSI    000002ee [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:84{42}]"System.Management.Automation.Resources.dll" of System.Management.Automation.Resources, Version = 6.1.7600.16385, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_MSIL (8), Culture = [l:10{5}]"en-US", VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, file is missing

=============================

This DLL file doesn’t come with Windows. After installing the Powershell on the system, this DLL should be placed in the GAC (Global Assembly Cache).

At this point, you may follow these steps to repair the file:

1.At an elevated command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

takeown /f Path_And_File_Name

For example, type takeown /f E:\windows\system32\jscript.dll.

2.Type the following command, and then press ENTER to grant administrators full access to the file:

icacls Path_And_File_Name /GRANT ADMINISTRATORS:F

For example, type icacls E:\windows\system32\jscript.dll /grant administrators:F.

3.Type the following command to replace the file with a known good copy of the file:

Copy Path_And_File_Name_Of_Source_File Path_And_File_Name_Of_Destination

For example, type copy E:\temp\jscript.dll E:\windows\system32\jscript.dll.

If this still cannot help, please try the  In-place upgrade which will fix the system files automatically.

Tracy Cai

08 Mei 2012 3:50
  • Hi Tracy,

I'm unsure how to carry out this fix, am I to use the example you stated or insert a specific file. If I'm supposed to use another file what would it be and where is it located so I can use the path. If you have too could you give me a more specific break down of the steps too. 

Thanks

08 Mei 2012 12:46
  • Hi ,

As my last post, System.Management.Automation.Resources.dll doesn’t come with Windows. After installing the Powershell on the system, this DLL should be placed in the GAC (Global Assembly Cache).

At this point, please try to reinstall the Powershell to see if it can fix this error.

Download Windows PowerShell :

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/powershell/archive/2008/12/30/download-windows-powershell.aspx

Tracy Cai

09 Mei 2012 9:27
  • Hi,

I have tried to reinstall the latest version of powershell but it just gives me a prompt saying 'the update is not applicable to your machine' error.

Thanks

09 Mei 2012 18:41
  • Hi ,

Have you tried the In-place upgrade ?

If not, please perform the in-place upgrade which will fix the system files automatically.

Tracy Cai

10 Mei 2012 7:12
  • I did not try that fix as my machine came with windows 7 preinstalled and do not have a CD for windows 7. i still never tried the fix you suggested after the install of powershell to move the file it was this 

.At an elevated command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

takeown /f Path_And_File_Name

For example, type takeown /f E:\windows\system32\jscript.dll.

2.Type the following command, and then press ENTER to grant administrators full access to the file:

icacls Path_And_File_Name /GRANT ADMINISTRATORS:F

For example, type icacls E:\windows\system32\jscript.dll /grant administrators:F.

3.Type the following command to replace the file with a known good copy of the file:

Copy Path_And_File_Name_Of_Source_File Path_And_File_Name_Of_Destination

For example, type copy E:\temp\jscript.dll E:\windows\system32\jscript.dll.

i just didnt know how or what i was supposed to be using.

10 Mei 2012 18:48
  • Hi

If your operation system is preinstalled,  please contact the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) of your computer for obtaining replacement disks and manuals.

For computer manufacturer contact information, visit the following Microsoft Web site:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=oemphone

More information about How to replace Microsoft software or hardware, order service packs, and replace product manuals, please see the following KB article:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=326246

Tracy Cai

11 Mei 2012 2:47