none
Windows Remote Assistance

Pertanyaan

• There was a problem starting Remote Assistance -  Remote Assistance is unavailable for the current user account. if you are using a Windows Guest account try logging in with another account. If you are not using a Guest account, try restarting your machine.

Now before you tell me to use another account, I am using the same domain account I always use and this had worked for six + months no change to the system or rights and now it won't work. I know my account is fine because if I log into another machine it works fine. So it's something borked on this machine. I've created a new Windows Profile and no change. I've tried the system file checker and no change. Constructive thoughts?

29 Februari 2012 15:55

Jawaban

• Hi,

Please modify the following registry to check the result.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList\<YOUR_SID>
    Note: You can view ProfileImagePath description in the right pane to verify your SID.

After finding your SID registry, in the right, change State (REG_DWORD) = 0

Niki Han

TechNet Community Support

02 Maret 2012 6:47

Semua Balasan

• maybe a microsoft update was applied it didnt like?

what have you changed from the day it was working to now?  New software? changed some settings? GPO setting?

29 Februari 2012 17:57
  • Hi,

Please modify the following registry to check the result.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList\<YOUR_SID>
    Note: You can view ProfileImagePath description in the right pane to verify your SID.

After finding your SID registry, in the right, change State (REG_DWORD) = 0

Niki Han

TechNet Community Support

02 Maret 2012 6:47
  • Can you elaborate on why this is caused? What is the reason that guest accounts and accounts using mandatory profiles cannot initiate remote assistance? I would appreciate an explanation on whether this is a bug or "by design" and what the recommended approach of resolving this is? There is a reason for the user state registry key and am uncomfortable with changing this without justification. In either case, this seems like a poor workaround rather than a proper fix.

Your response is appreciated (Niki - or anyone else from Microsoft).

Thanks.

R

30 April 2012 18:32