none
audiodg.exe problem

Pertanyaan

• Hi,

This has been the problem since I installed W7 RC. The thing is I can not make my sound to work normal.  It presents with generic drivers or SoundMax driver installed (these are 32bit Vista drivers, installed in compatibility mode, or without, it doesn't make a difference, driver version AD1988_VISTA_61016180). I tried updating BIOS (BTW, it's ASUS P5B MB), installing all kind of drivers, but nothing helps.

The thing is, if I play video in browser (FF, IE, Chrome), YouTube for example, or any other Flash based site which contains sound, the sound freezes, which freezes video (it makes the same sound that you can hear when PC freezes while something playing, I believe you know what I'm talking about). When playing music in Winamp for example this message pops out:

---------------------------
    Nullsoft DirectSound Output v2.47 (d) Error
    Device not found. Please select another device in configuration.
    Error code: 88780078
    OK   

So if I go to Preferences and select Speakers as Device, instead of Primary Sound Driver, the sound starts, but after some time it freezes, like in browser, and if I try to play file again new message pops out saying: 

Nullsoft DirectSound Output v2.47 (d) Error
    Error creating DirectSound buffer.
    Error code: 88780096
    OK   
     Similar thing happens  in  WMP, but interestingly, in Kmplayer, it works fine until some other application doesn't freeze, than KMP must be restarted, too...

What I notices is that audiodb.exe process is not open until some application wants to play some tunes. Is this OK? I think that this should be open all the time, am I right? I observed in Process Explorer, it starts, also the sound starts normally, but after few seconds, sound begins to freeze and audiodb.exe exits, then starts again, and then again. Sometimes, it goes green before exit, sometimes red, and when it goes red it calls WerFaultSecure.exe, so I'm guessing something happened that was not expected. 

So, I am just curious, after hours (not hours, days) googling and searching for answer, does anyone know how to approach this problem, and resolve it for good.

Thanks

13 September 2009 16:11

Semua Balasan

• Hi Marko,

Sounds like audiodg.exe is crashing on your system.  Since Audiodg.exe is a protected process, a lot of the things that one may do to attempt to troubleshoot a process that is exhibiting these characteristics are not applicable.  audiodg.exe loads 3rd party code , and that likely is what is causing the process to crash in your case.  However, one can't inspect the modules loaded into the address space of audiodg.exe with e.g. Process Explorer, again, since audiodg.exe is a protected process.  So it is difficult to tell what precise modules may even be suspect.  But, it of course is likely related to the sound drivers...  Perhaps, consider the following advice which may or may not affect what you are experiencing, but has helped others in cases where the process is leaking handles (again, as a result of 3rd party code):
      right click on the speaker icon at the bottom right.
      select Playback Devices
      highlight the icon with the green check mark
      click Properties
      click the Advanced tap
      uncheck Enable audio enhancements
    14 September 2009 9:47
  • Thanks for your reply, but I already tried disabling audio enhancements. It doesn't do a thing.

And yes I know, that audiodg.exe can load 3rd party code, but the thing is that even when this was a fresh installation, and no additional drivers installed, it still was a problem. I also do not use any additional audio processing tools, so it really bugs me. 

14 September 2009 9:59
  • You might try using Process Hacker to poke around inside of audiodg.exe a bit more - it can subvert the protected process mechanism, and may be able to shed a bit more light on what modules are loaded by the process, etc. (provided the process stays running long enough to explore...).
    14 September 2009 10:35
  • I looked at Event Viewer, and noticed this events were happening:

Event 1:

Faulting application name: AUDIODG.EXE, version: 6.1.7100.0, time stamp: 0x49ee96b0
    Faulting module name: audioeng.dll, version: 6.1.7100.0, time stamp: 0x49eea490
    Exception code: 0xc0000006
    Fault offset: 0x0003c208
    Faulting process id: 0x109c
    Faulting application start time: 0x01ca3732c4fec14d
    Faulting application path: C:\Windows\system32\AUDIODG.EXE
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\audioeng.dll
    Report Id: 03bfb612-a326-11de-a6ab-0018f343dae9

Event 2:

Windows cannot access the file C:\Windows\System32\AudioEng.dll for one of the following reasons: there is a problem with the network connection, the disk that the file is stored on, or the storage drivers installed on this computer; or the disk is missing. Windows closed the program Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation because of this error.

Program: Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation
    File: C:\Windows\System32\AudioEng.dll

The error value is listed in the Additional Data section.
    User Action
    1. Open the file again. This situation might be a temporary problem that corrects itself when the program runs again.
    2. If the file still cannot be accessed and
    - It is on the network, your network administrator should verify that there is not a problem with the network and that the server can be contacted.
    - It is on a removable disk, for example, a floppy disk or CD-ROM, verify that the disk is fully inserted into the computer.
    3. Check and repair the file system by running CHKDSK. To run CHKDSK, click Start, click Run, type CMD, and then click OK. At the command prompt, type CHKDSK /F, and then press ENTER.
    4. If the problem persists, restore the file from a backup copy.
    5. Determine whether other files on the same disk can be opened. If not, the disk might be damaged. If it is a hard disk, contact your administrator or computer hardware vendor for further assistance.

Additional Data
    Error value: C0000428
    Disk type: 3

Event 3: 

The Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation process (audiodg.exe) has terminated unexpectedly.
                        Process Exit Code     : 0x0xFF 

Any suggestions?

17 September 2009 1:12