none
Dell Inspiron 1501: help needed!

Domanda

• I need help with my Dell Inspiron 1501 laptop. When I turns it on and than press F1 as it tells me to, all I'm getting is an black screen with a white cursor in left corner. I tried a lot of options, including putting in the Vista installation disk. Unfortunately; none of the options, I've tried worked. :(

I recorded and uploaded a video of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6xOgv4kpVI

• Tipo modificato MatthewBarter sabato 25 giugno 2011 19:43 Dell Inspiron 1501 laptop: help needed!
    sabato 25 giugno 2011 04:23

Risposte

• Hi,

Thank you for posting the video.

We can understand that the system can't boot into Windows Vista. It stays on the original part of booting up. Even installation disk can't help. It is out of Windows' scope. Probably, it is due to hardware either display card, hard drive....

To recover the data, as long as the hard drive is OK, you can plug the data drive to a working PC as a slave drive. Then you can boot into Windows and copy all the data out.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    giovedì 30 giugno 2011 07:38
  • I need help with my Dell Inspiron 1501 laptop. When I turns it on and than press F1 as it tells me to, all I'm getting is an black screen with a white cursor in left corner. I tried a lot of options, including putting in the Vista installation disk. Unfortunately; none of the options, I've tried worked. :(

I recorded and uploaded a video of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6xOgv4kpVI

Hi Matthew, watched the video.You can try starting up with the  vista disk again.This time first go into the BIOS and change the Boot order to CD/DVD first.

if starting with the vista disk doesnt work,then you need to run checkdisk utility.to do this,  try to get a windows xp install disk, startup the system with that select the first repair option that takes you to the recovery console.When you get to the recovery console,select the first OS on the menu(usually by pressing 1), leave the password blank, at the command prompt, type "chkdsk /r" (without the quotes)

Tunde Abagun MCP,MCSA,MCTS,MCITP en p "for the love of Computers"
    venerdì 1 luglio 2011 15:04

Tutte le risposte

• Hi,

Thank you for posting the video.

We can understand that the system can't boot into Windows Vista. It stays on the original part of booting up. Even installation disk can't help. It is out of Windows' scope. Probably, it is due to hardware either display card, hard drive....

To recover the data, as long as the hard drive is OK, you can plug the data drive to a working PC as a slave drive. Then you can boot into Windows and copy all the data out.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    giovedì 30 giugno 2011 07:38

Hi Matthew, watched the video.You can try starting up with the  vista disk again.This time first go into the BIOS and change the Boot order to CD/DVD first.

if starting with the vista disk doesnt work,then you need to run checkdisk utility.to do this,  try to get a windows xp install disk, startup the system with that select the first repair option that takes you to the recovery console.When you get to the recovery console,select the first OS on the menu(usually by pressing 1), leave the password blank, at the command prompt, type "chkdsk /r" (without the quotes)

Tunde Abagun MCP,MCSA,MCTS,MCITP en p "for the love of Computers"
    venerdì 1 luglio 2011 15:04