none
Dell 2407 Monitor card reader

Domanda

• Has anyone gotten a card reader built into a dell monitor to show up in Windows 7? I got any and all updates to Win 7 I could find. I installed the latest Vista chipset drivers for my motherboard, and also tried some drivers from Intel. The Memory card reader just does not show up at all. There is also a memory card reader built into the printer and it works fine.

At one point there were Dell SM bus drivers available as an optional update. I tried installing them, but they failed. Now, just yesterday they no longer show up in Windows update.
    giovedì 12 febbraio 2009 14:34

Risposte

Tutte le risposte

• Did you correctly install the USB cable running from the Dell monitor to the computer?
    Carey Frisch
    giovedì 12 febbraio 2009 16:41
    Moderatore
  • Yeah...I don't think I could have messed that up.
    giovedì 12 febbraio 2009 16:52
  • Does it show up if you insert a card? Windows 7 has a feature that hides drives that are empty.
    giovedì 12 febbraio 2009 19:35
  • Card in or out, no drive shows up. The printer on the other hand shows a drive, whether a card is inserted or not.
    giovedì 12 febbraio 2009 20:17
  •  

Since your question or comment has gone unanswered for so long, you can send your report on the device to the development team in this thread. 

Have Comments about Windows 7 Beta

Rating posts helps other users
    Mark L. Ferguson MS-MVP
    • Contrassegnato come risposta Andy Song lunedì 9 marzo 2009 06:27
    lunedì 23 febbraio 2009 01:01
    Moderatore
  • Where can I read about doing that? I checked the sticky, but didn't see any info about reporting it to the devs.
    lunedì 23 febbraio 2009 13:43
  • Just click reply in the post, and describe your experience.
    Rating posts helps other users
    Mark L. Ferguson MS-MVP
    mercoledì 25 febbraio 2009 14:20
    Moderatore
  • I've been struggling with this as well. 

The 2407 has a 9 in 1 card reader, that is assigned a driver letter by Win 7. When you click on it with no flash card installed, it correctly tells you to insert a disk. When you have a card inserted, it attempts to access the card but explorer becomes unresponsive, sorta. The address bar starts loading slowly, takes a few minutes to complete. If you close explorer, you can't access my computer for a while when you repoen it (explorer shows all locations except your computer). 

I've noticed that XP used to find the 2407 drivers in Windows update, but win 7 does not. Instead, the drivers that are installed for the card reader appear to be:

: Generic Flash HS-CF USB Device

: Generic Flash HS-Combo US Device

I haven't been able to get any drivers from the dell site to attempt a manual upgrade, they issue drivers via some download app that ironically appears not to run too well in Win 7 either.

HTH

domenica 11 aprile 2010 12:32
  • Thanks for saying this. Although that was a simple step. I missed it.

mercoledì 20 ottobre 2010 16:27