none
question about the map system32 in windows7 64 bit

Domanda

• hello,

I have only a little question ,can you put a 64 bit tool in the map system32   ( C:\windows\system32) or sytem 32 belongs only to 32  bit tools or files.

a short answer wil be enough.

thanks

johan

h.david

domenica 11 marzo 2012 21:02

Risposte

• That is a question that would have to be answered by someone involved in the design of Windows.

I would presume it is there for use by some legacy applications, but I really have no idea and I don't spend any time thinking about it.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

lunedì 12 marzo 2012 13:48

Tutte le risposte

• I know it is a bit confusing and even sounds weird, but on 64-bit Windows the files in the C:\Windows\System32 folder are 64-bit only files and are for 64-bit applications only.

The 32-bit only files are actually located in C:\Windows\SysWOW64 folder.

Of course, on 32-bit Windows the files in C:\Windows\System32 are all 32-bit only.

A 64-bit tool absolutely will not run on a 32-bit system.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

• Proposto come risposta Ashok JP lunedì 12 marzo 2012 05:50
    domenica 11 marzo 2012 22:11
  • thanks, now I understand it .

now I have last question fo you I see on windows7 64 bit a map with name system   (C:\windows\system) and this system map is empty what is the benefit of this map.

thanks again

johan

h.david

lunedì 12 marzo 2012 12:00
  • That is a question that would have to be answered by someone involved in the design of Windows.

I would presume it is there for use by some legacy applications, but I really have no idea and I don't spend any time thinking about it.

lunedì 12 marzo 2012 13:48