none
Acer Aspire One + Windows 7 = External dvd drive

Domanda

• I have a acer net book.

I have a external dvd writer

My computer used to pick it up. but all of a sudden it doesn't. it doesn't even make the ting ting noise.I have done restores, disabled, removed USB . It does not show up at all in device manager or my computer.It is really bugging me now. i don't know what to do.I also tried the run regit thing and i didn't have any upper or lower things that i was meant to delete. none at all.What can i do?It only has a usb cord for it, does not have a on/off switch. i don't know what type it is as i brought it off trademe.Please someone help me.I also did the command prompt thing. to remove all usb devices.it came back everything was removed except 1 cd drive was not removed.if that's the case why cant i see it on my computer??? grrrrrr

lunedì 12 marzo 2012 03:48

Tutte le risposte

• lunedì 12 marzo 2012 03:49
  • Hi,

According to your description, I suggest to follow this method to reinstall USB controller:

To remove and reinstall all USB controllers, follow these steps:
    a.    ClickStart, clickRun, typesysdm.cpl in theOpen box, and then clickOK.
    b.    Click theHardware tab.
    c.    Click theDevice Manager button.
    d.    ExpandUniversal Serial Bus controllers.
    e.    Right-click every device under theUniversal Serial Bus controllers node, and then clickUninstall to remove them one at a time.
    f.    Restart the computer, and then reinstall the USB controllers.
    g.    Plug in the removable USB storage device, and then test to make sure that the issue is resolved.

If the issue persists then you may try reinstalling the Chipset drivers on your computer and check if it fixes the issue.
    To get the latest chipset drivers you may visit your motherboard manufacturer's website.

Leo Huang

TechNet Community Support

mercoledì 14 marzo 2012 02:04
    Moderatore
  • I Uninstall all USB things

still nothing happens, what is a motherboard chip? where do i find it and where to i go to find a update?

mercoledì 14 marzo 2012 08:15
  •  

Hi,

You can go to:

http://support.acer.com/us/en/product/default.aspx

And input your PC model to search if the latest version chipset has been released.

Leo Huang

TechNet Community Support

mercoledì 14 marzo 2012 08:36
    Moderatore
  • ok i just downloaded them and done set up. but it still doesn't pick it up

could it be coming up as a usb host instead of drive? i have 5 usb hub things when im sure i should only have 4

still doesn't pick it up, but the dvd drive works because it starts spinning and lights come on

mercoledì 14 marzo 2012 08:56
  • Please try plugging the DVD drive in the other USB ports of your computer to check if the drive gets recognized then. Also, does your computer properly recognize other USB devices (like memory sticks)?

One way to check if the drive is at fault, is to try it on a different computer, so I suggest that you do that as well.

Tim De Baets
    http://www.bm-productions.tk

sabato 17 marzo 2012 14:05
  • yes as soon as i plug something else into the ports it comes up with installing driver softwear

iphone,keystick,ipod,keyboard

domenica 18 marzo 2012 05:38
  • Have you tried plugging the drive in other USB ports and on a different computer?

Tim De Baets
    http://www.bm-productions.tk

mercoledì 21 marzo 2012 19:56