none
Yuan EC300 DVB-T TV Tuner Card Crashes Windows 7

Domanda

• I have an Entertainment laptop computer that came pre installed with Windows Vista Home Premium and a Yuan EC300 DVB-T TV tuner Express card. It worked fine with Media Center but now under Windows 7RC even though Windows 7 installed all the drivers for this as soon as it scans for channels in Windows 7 Media Center it crashes Windows 7 to the blue memory dump screen. It does this every time. The furthest I was able to get was to 19% of the channel scanning before it crashed.

Anyone had similar problems and or knows how to solve the issue would be most welcome to leave feedback.

P.S. I have tried to find other drivers for this but it does the same thing.
    martedì 28 luglio 2009 03:22

Risposte

• It actually did crash my Vista 32bit machine after I installed the new Windows Media Center when that was unofficially released. It must have something to do with the software changes in the new Media Center software. Hopefully this will be solved in some new driver releases. I have contacted Yuan to see if this will be the case.

martedì 28 luglio 2009 05:37

Tutte le risposte

• Yes I have the same problem with my HP dv9008tx Notebook this DVB-T card came with it. I don't have a problem with it in Vista 32bit Ultimate. Works just fine. Hopefully MS will be able to fix this or Yuan bring out a proper W7 driver. I am disappointed that it doesn't work as it should.
    • Modificato Towley martedì 28 luglio 2009 05:34
    martedì 28 luglio 2009 05:31
  • It actually did crash my Vista 32bit machine after I installed the new Windows Media Center when that was unofficially released. It must have something to do with the software changes in the new Media Center software. Hopefully this will be solved in some new driver releases. I have contacted Yuan to see if this will be the case.

martedì 28 luglio 2009 05:37

Hi

Please post back here with the information you get from Yuan. This could be helpful for other users.

Regards,

Thank You for testing Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    • Proposto come risposta secondsight venerdì 13 novembre 2009 12:30
    martedì 28 luglio 2009 07:05
    Moderatore
  • No problems. Will do if I get an answer etc.

Regards
    martedì 28 luglio 2009 07:39
  • I installed WINDOWS 7 RTM and I have the same problem. I have not found other drivers.

Regards,
    Angel
    lunedì 3 agosto 2009 09:11
  • I have auch the same problem !!!!
    lunedì 26 ottobre 2009 15:41
  • Hi All

Unfortunately I still have no answer from Yuan and it still does not work. Seems like no drivers are being released at this stage!!!!!

Regards
    Andreas
    martedì 27 ottobre 2009 08:18
  • i have the same problem. i tried it many times. my last tvscansearch reached 77% before win 7 crashed. can anybody help?
    sabato 7 novembre 2009 08:53
  • i have the same problem. i tried it many times. my last tvscansearch reached 77% before win 7 crashed. can anybody help?

same problem here!
    sabato 7 novembre 2009 12:21
  • Hi. Yep thats the problem that is entirely driver related. Unless a WIndows 7 driver is produced we will not be able to fix the issues. I havew tried to make contact with Yuan support but no luck yet. Maybe the more people that bug them (http://www.yuan.com.tw/en/support/support.htm) the better chance of them producing a compatible driver.
    sabato 7 novembre 2009 21:48

Hi

Please post back here with the information you get from Yuan. This could be helpful for other users.

Regards,

Thank You for testing Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    Hi,

I have a HP DV7-1103ea Entertainment Notebook. I am running Windows 7 Enterprise x64. I have the HP DVB TV Tuner (Yuan EC-300) Express Card.

The driver that I use is this one.......

After running this soft pack one must run the x64 installer manually from in the C:\Program Files (x86)\HP DVB-T TV Tuner\Flat Files\EC372_64bit folder as Administrator.

The card is then recognised in Device Manager.

The driver is working. How do I know this? Because if you also install QuickPlay from......

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp43001-43500/sp43325.exe

........it works fine. It scans the channels and the card just works as it should.

This is a solution  to get TV using the card but it is not ideal. 

I like Media Centre. It used to work with Media Centre on Vista Ultimate x64, which it does not now do with Media Centre on Windows 7.

Instead it blue screens when getting to the first channel it finds during the channel scanning process (which will vary, depending where you are, as to when it does that).

The blue screen is the old favourite "Page fault in non paged area" one.

Therefore to sum up this is (to me at least) 100% a Windows Media Centre problem on Windows 7 by a process of elimination.

I hope the workaround will help those who want their express TV card to work, but I like them really would like to be able to use it in Media Centre.

Regards

Christopher Conkie MCSE, MCDBA, MCSA, MCTIP

• Proposto come risposta Airplane2012 giovedì 26 gennaio 2012 18:12
    venerdì 13 novembre 2009 13:09
  • I also have the Yuan EC300 tuner and windows 7 x64 proffesionnal, and i installed the driver for vista and its working with an alternate tv software (like pouchin tv) but when i try tu use media center it starts seaching but after one minute it crashes and i have the blue screen of death.

I tried to contact yuan about this problem but i never got an answer from them.
    sabato 14 novembre 2009 13:15
  • Am now a member of this unfortunate club! Have a HP Pavillion dv9000 laptop and experience all of the same issues when using with Windows 7. Have sent Yuan an email and shall wait to see what happens, if anything will at all. Fingers crossed as I dont really want to have to buy a new tuner card.

Any response I get from them will be posted on this forum.

domenica 22 novembre 2009 15:22
  • Hi All

To date still no reply from Yuan. I have also tried to contact HP about this and were helpfull untill I told them that I was trying to get it to work with Windows 7. After that I received no more help with their statement being that they are not updating drivers for these laptops. They have a list of computers/laptops that (all new) that will have Windows 7 support. All others will not.

Sorry about the bad news. The only good news is that the current drivers will still work with Quickplay just not Windows 7 Media Centre.
    domenica 20 dicembre 2009 21:42
  • Well in my case it crashes with both Quickplay and Windows Media Center.
    lunedì 21 dicembre 2009 00:26
  • http://www.windows7update.com/Windows7-YuanDrivers.html

Just found it - posted today, so maybe this is what we've been waiting for? 
    venerdì 12 febbraio 2010 03:55
  • I got excited for a second but alas this is an old version dated from August 2007. Still no luck so far. If anyone really wants to watch digital TV on their laptop with media Centre then it seems like the only alternative is to purchase a USB DVB-T TV tuner. Compro Technologies makes some nice ones that work fine and are not that expensive either.

venerdì 12 febbraio 2010 07:48
  • so any good news yet? i have the same problem with my yuan ec3000 and my asus n81 laptop running windows 7. the latest reply on the forum was on the 12th of  February. Any news since then?
    sabato 27 febbraio 2010 23:11
  • No good news yet so far. All I can suggest is that everyone keeps bugging Yuan at http://www.yuan.com.tw/en/support/support.htm to get them to bring out a Windows 7 MCE compatible driver. I have sent a few e-mails to them now but their support does not write back or acknowledge anything. Very frustrating.
    giovedì 4 marzo 2010 23:06
  • I believe that we should let manufactures who buy Yuans products like HP know whats going on and ask them to sort this problem out. Cause at the end of the day, although its Yuan's products, it is hp that Brands them and sells them. They should investigate this issue.
    sabato 6 marzo 2010 19:13
  • i still cant believe that there are so many people having this problem and nobody from the company came up with a solution
    martedì 30 marzo 2010 00:57
  • I guess it is Hewlett Packard (HP) that is letting everyone down. I assume they do not want to spend the money to get a Windows 7 driver from Yuan. They are in fact not giving any Windows 7 support for their dv9000 series laptops which is very dissapointing considering that these laptops are more than capable of running this operating system. In fact I am using Windows 7 and the Yaun Express TV card is the only thing that does not work (In Windows 7 Media Center only as it still does work in Quickplay). The easiest solution is just to buy a new USB compatible TV tuner.
    sabato 10 aprile 2010 10:14
  • why do i have to buy a new one!!! i cant believe it! We keep buying products that after even a year later the company drops support for them. im so anoyed! did anyone came up with a solution yet?
    lunedì 14 giugno 2010 12:20
  • Thank you so much.

I have also the TV Tuner EC 300 and Windows 7 64 bit installed. After installing the driver as you described it everything works fine.

Thanks a lot!

:-)

giovedì 15 luglio 2010 12:28
  • it works for me aswell but it does work with WINDOWS MEDIA CENTER? my one crashes. i can only use it with alternative tv programs
    giovedì 15 luglio 2010 12:53
  • Hello all,

I too have had problems with with the EC300 DVB-T Tuner on my HP dv7-3105ea /64bit Windows 7 .  After several emails to HP support they finally routed me to their ftb server  having what seems to be the correct driver software pack. 

Since running the sp36917.exe which installs the correct drivers,  I am able to setup the "Windows Media Centre" without the computer crashing halfway through the search function. They stressed  also, that you should also make sure that all the Windows software updates are installed including checking again, after the new drivers are installed.  Here is the URL which was sent to me :- ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp36501-37000/sp36917.exe   it did not install correctly on my system but I stripped the final /sp36917.exe from the URL,  it got me through to the correct page listing many available downloads including the wanted sp36917.exe which then downloaded correctly. There is also an sp36917.cva file there which will open in Mozilla Firefox giving info on which HP computers & Windows systems for which it is recommended.

Hoping this might help others having agro with their new 64bit systems & the EC300 Tuner

mercoledì 28 luglio 2010 14:55
  • Hi There

Thanks for the update on your fix.

I have already tried the 36917.exe months ago but it did not make a difference for me. I am using 32bit Windows 7 so maybe it only fixes the 64bit Windows 7 issues.

giovedì 29 luglio 2010 00:48
  • No, I used the 36917.exe drivers pack with Windows 7 x64 and it still does not work. I am able to use the tv tuner with a program called BlazeDTV 6.0. When i try to use it with media center, i get the blue screen of death.
    martedì 7 settembre 2010 14:05
  • Hi there,

i just purchased one of these cards and i am also stuck on how to make it work with my windows media centre.

Was wondering as no one has written on the post for some time, have you guys just decided to live with the problem or found a solution?

Would be glad to head your situation.

cheers

Pratik

sabato 11 dicembre 2010 14:18
  • I recently bought a second had laptop with the dvb t 300 tuner card, to get it to work with windows7 64 bit, i am using hp quickplay on my laptop, and the card works fine, but windows media centre causes the machine to crash.

hope this helps

domenica 30 ottobre 2011 21:38
  • Not sure if people are still having this problem, but I emailed Yuan (sales@yuan.com.tw) who responded under 24 hours with the Windows 7 Driver.  They emailed me the driver in a compressed file called EC300_V23_Win7_AutoRun.7z (1,016 KB)

Once unpacked with WinRAR, installed the new driver and it worked well on a Dell Studio Windows 7 laptop in all applications (including Media Center).

The driver can be downloaded from Google Docs at https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B76yYQabm16qb1RtWUZ6ZVpOdEE

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Matthew Q

• Proposto come risposta Mattheq lunedì 7 maggio 2012 09:52
    lunedì 7 maggio 2012 09:46
  • Matthew,

you made my day! Did it really take Yuan four years to get that problem solved?

I was just having the same issue trying to install a Bluemedia BM-5503 USB DVB-T stick on a 32bit Windows 7. That stick also uses that yuanmodbda2.sys driver and kept crashing Media Center. Bluemedia does not provide any support for that stick anymore.

Here is information for Bluemedia bm-5503 users how I made that DVB-T stick run:

I let Windows automatically install driver for that stick. It will be recognized as a "MOD3000" hardware with function "HP Digital TV Tuner".

I also installed the XP drivers named "bluemedia BM-5503" from the original CD-ROM, I don't know if this is required. But at least this installs the SimHID software that would be required for the remote control to work.

(Media Center was crashing at this time on channel search.)

I installed the new driver provided by Matthew and immediately the channel search did work without any problems.

(Only thing is that the SimHID software currently does not recognize the USB stick in its hardware detection, so I cannot yet use the remote control. I have not yet found a solution for this. Probably that SimHID software does not work together with the Windows 7 drivers. Does that EC-300 Express Card have an infrared sensor?)

I am so happy! Thanks, Matthew, for sharing this driver with us!

Dear Microsoft moderators, would you please make this driver available for automatic driver installation?

giovedì 21 giugno 2012 19:08