none
How to install HP Photosmart Premier software (includes driver)...

Risposte

• Hi Rudolf-NL,
    It appears that HP is not offering Windows 7 full featured software for the Scanjet 4370. See list here.

Your option is to run Windows 7 update with the device connected or right click on the device in devices and printers and run Windows Update for the driver. Then you will use the Windows Fax and Scan for scanning tasks.

The Scanjet G3010 is listed as having HP downloadable software for Windows 7. The link is here for Windows 7 64-bit. Sorry, the link for Dutch is here.

Post back with your result(s).
    • Modificato Nano Warp mercoledì 13 gennaio 2010 13:02 added Dutch lang driver link
    • Proposto come risposta Vivian Xing giovedì 14 gennaio 2010 07:09
    • Contrassegnato come risposta Vivian Xing mercoledì 20 gennaio 2010 07:34
    mercoledì 13 gennaio 2010 12:55
  • Strange phenomena is, after connecting it again to my old PC it fails in just the same way as connected to my new PC,  just described before.

Rudolf,
    Do you have another usb 2.0 cable to test the Scanjet 4370 connection? The cable can fail.

Is the G3010 installed and operating with Windows 7?
    • Contrassegnato come risposta Vivian Xing mercoledì 20 gennaio 2010 07:33
    venerdì 15 gennaio 2010 11:55

Tutte le risposte

• I downloaded 2 different drivers from Microsoft Update Catalog
    now I have two folders, each with 1 .cab file...
    ..but don't know what to do with these AND cannot find how to proceed with this stuff.

Who has clues, or knows to find clues, where? 

Rudolf
    mercoledì 13 gennaio 2010 12:03
  • Hi Rudolf-NL,
    It appears that HP is not offering Windows 7 full featured software for the Scanjet 4370. See list here.

Your option is to run Windows 7 update with the device connected or right click on the device in devices and printers and run Windows Update for the driver. Then you will use the Windows Fax and Scan for scanning tasks.

The Scanjet G3010 is listed as having HP downloadable software for Windows 7. The link is here for Windows 7 64-bit. Sorry, the link for Dutch is here.

• Modificato Nano Warp mercoledì 13 gennaio 2010 13:02 added Dutch lang driver link
    • Proposto come risposta Vivian Xing giovedì 14 gennaio 2010 07:09
    • Contrassegnato come risposta Vivian Xing mercoledì 20 gennaio 2010 07:34
    mercoledì 13 gennaio 2010 12:55
  • I have the HP 4670 scanner and was faced with the same no full featured software for Windows 7 by HP. I installed the HP full featured software for XP in XP mode and it works fine.
    mercoledì 13 gennaio 2010 22:14
  • You can also try to install the driver under compatibility mode:

Install under compatibility mode & Administrator level

=================

1. Right click on the installation file (setup.exe) and click Properties.

2. Click on the Compatibility tab.

3. Select Run this program in compatibility mode for.”

4. Choose Windows Vista (Service Pack 2) from the drop down list.

5. Select Run this program as an administrator” option under the Privilege Level topic.

6. Click Apply, click OK.

Right click on the setup file and choose Run as administrator to install it again.

For the detailed information of XP mode, please refer to http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/

Vivian Xing - MSFT
    giovedì 14 gennaio 2010 07:11
  • Hi Rudolf-NL,

Nano Warp, Thanks for trying to help. But no good news.

It seems as if the hardware driver is not installed at all!
    At a certain moment during the installation I'm asked to connect the usb device. After connecting the 4370 to an USB port soon a message shows up "unknown device" and whatever I do,  I can't  get the 4370 recognized and/or connected. In device manager I only see an USB port with an unknown device and via that path I cannot get an update for (another) driver. I'm only told, a latest driver for the unknown device is already installed.
    In VID an PID settings in the registry hklm/system/enum/usb for the scanjet also don't show up. I know, I should see
    VID:03F0 and PID:4105.  Entry is completely missing.

Trying to install the 4370 in XPM-VM by using the HP download file COL11004.exe (for XP) also fails. The scanjet doen't show up via the USB button at the top of the VM screen. In the VM mode also an unknown device is reported.
    The Scanjet was transferred from my old PC with XP an up to the last moment working well.
    Strange phenomena is, after connecting it again to my old PC it fails in just the same way as connected to my new PC,  just described before.
    It's driving me nuts. I do not know what to do next, exept to count my savings for a new scanner

Rudolf.
    giovedì 14 gennaio 2010 19:20
  • Hi Rudolf,

Does installing under compatibility mode work? You can try to install the driver as below:

Install built-in driver

==========================

1. Open Device Manager.

2. Find out this scanner.

3. Right click on it and click Update Driver Software…

4. Select the " Browse my computer for driver software".

5. Check "Include subfolder" box, and click Browse…

6. Browse to C:\windows folder, click OK.

7. Click Next.

If the issue persists, please check if any scanner software was installed before. If so, remove it first and then install the driver again. You can type APPWIZ.CPL in the Start Search box to open Program and features to uninstall program. If it does not work, try the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility  

If it still does not work, I suggest contacting HP support for direct assistance.

Vivian Xing - MSFT
    venerdì 15 gennaio 2010 03:16
  • Strange phenomena is, after connecting it again to my old PC it fails in just the same way as connected to my new PC,  just described before.

Rudolf,
    Do you have another usb 2.0 cable to test the Scanjet 4370 connection? The cable can fail.

• Contrassegnato come risposta Vivian Xing mercoledì 20 gennaio 2010 07:33
    venerdì 15 gennaio 2010 11:55

Rudolf,

Just used the scanner cable to connect my HP usb Printer to my old PC, printer works fine and exactly the same as with it's "own" cable. Next step will be to connect the scanner by means of the printer usb cable and test on both pc's. That takes some more time. Please hang on...
    Wish you all a nice weekend, Rudolf.

• Modificato Rudolf-NL lunedì 25 gennaio 2010 09:30 correction
    sabato 16 gennaio 2010 10:36
  • update 01-21-2010 I changed cables as indicated. No different results. Not in win7, not in Win XPmode of VM. Also not on my PC with WinXP. The harware driver, that should recognize the scanner as soon as it is connected does not work (looks as if it is not installed at all). "unknown device" Installing my HP usb printer in boths ways (in win7 + XPmode) worked excellent and is A-ok. I know, I should see the usb device when pressing the USB button at the top of the XPmode-VM screen, but up to now I never saw the scanner show up there. The usb-port is ok, because when I connect my Cruzer usb stick, it is showed (U3 Cruzer micro) when pressing that usb button. So I'm rather sure the hardware is ok, but the hardware usb driver for the scanner isn't installed. I don't know how to correct this. Any tips for an alternative check of the driver? Does a scanner hardware chech exist? Rudolf
    lunedì 25 gennaio 2010 09:36
  • Rudolf,
    Here is a driver from the Microsoft Update catalog that may work with the XP mode of VM. I do not think that this scanner will work with Win 7 64-bit. HP's troubleshooting help lists XP as the most recent OS to test issues. You must uninstall all HP software and then find and delete or edit registry entries. Here. The references to the registry may not be the same in Win 7. Search the HP site for further troubleshooting help.
    lunedì 25 gennaio 2010 11:37
  • Rudolf,
    Here is a driver from the Microsoft Update catalog that may work with the XP mode of VM. I do not think that this scanner will work with Win 7 64-bit. HP's troubleshooting help lists XP as the most recent OS to test issues. You must uninstall all HP software and then find and delete or edit registry entries. Here. The references to the registry may not be the same in Win 7. Search the HP site for further troubleshooting help.
    Nano Warp, thanks for your effort to help me!!!

What I got from the MS Update Catalog is:

Titel: Hewlett-Packard - Imaging - HP Scanjet 4370

Product: Windows 7 Client,Windows Vista,Windows XP,Windows XP 64-Bit Edition Version 2003

and is a folder with 1 file named:
    X86_AMD64-zh-tw_cs_da_de_el_en_es_fi_fr_hu_it_ko_nl_no_pl_ru_sv_tr_zh-cn_pt-20031350_124a0063f33602cf2ebf9f64a2ca4a44c1614880.cab

The .cab file contains a bunch of files and an .inf file, which I'm going to try to install with a right click and "install" within the XPmode of the VM. Hang on please...
    update 01-31-2010: This try failed; no driver installed; no installation

Any other installation try failed up to now. I'm getting nuts, more and more.

Beside this:

My 1st objective was to get my scanjet 4370 functioning again on my old PC that uses WinXP. I hope to discover a method to get it installed in XPmode on my new PC with Win7pro.

I followed more or less the online HP document: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=61254&docname=bps03850

Looking back, this were the steps I performed. This is my own method and not authorized by anyone in any way!

Disconnected the scanner from usb-port AND scanner's power cord to get it in initial state.

Backupped the Windows registry in case of...

Using RevoUninstaller (which uses contol panel's Software uninstall), I uninstalled ALL software related to/came with the HP scanjet 4370. I used the advanced scan of RevoUninstaller and deleted ALL proposed registry keys and files on disk. I left the HP printer software installed.

If during the uninstall a reboot was proposed, I rebooted

In device manager I deleted the unknown USB device, which was created by the scanner each time an installation failed.

In the Windows registry I deleted the vid/pid keys

VID_0000&PID_0000 (unknown device) AND, if present, VID_03F0&PID_4105 (the scanjet 4370)

Using MSI Cleanup I deleted all HP scanjet related entries from the MSI installer database. I didn't remove, what I didn't understand.

On the harddisk I renamed the folder c:\windows\Twain_32 to c:\windows\Twain_32old

In the folder C:\WINDOWS\inf\ I deleted all 0 byte files and renamed unknown.inf to unknown.inf.old AND unknown.pnf to unknown.pnf.old

Reboot the PC without the scanner connected.

Then I installed the scanjet 4370 from my generic hp CD by running "hpzsetup.exe" (this bypasses the -buggy- macromedia shell).

As soon as asked I connected the USB cable first and finally the power cord to the scanner

The scanner was detected and the driver installed. Ready to use. The scanjet 4370 was working again on my old PC.

Pfffff, Rudolf.

• Modificato Rudolf-NL lunedì 1 febbraio 2010 09:19 more info
    domenica 31 gennaio 2010 09:59
  • add info 02-04-2010

It looks like the scanner is not Plug and Play (anymore?).
    With the old PC "off" I disconnected the scanjet 4370, to give it a new install try on my new PC. This ended without success, so I wanted to reconnect it to my old PC, which was standby and running without the connected scanner.
    I hot-plugged-in the scanner usb connection and nearly IMMEDIATELY "new hardware found" was shown, followed by  the message "Unknown device". I had this before!!! I cancelled all activities and without hesitation I disconnected the scanner and did a PC shut down. I also disconnected the power cord from the scanner and waited at least 2 minutes; then reconnected the usb cable to the old PC and reconnected the power cord to the scanner.
    (On the HP site I earlier read something about a kinda power reset)
    Then I fired up the old PC and guess what? No new hardware detected, no unknown device detected and the scanner was fully usable! I made some scans without any problems.

I guess the plug N play mechanism on my ols PC is blurred.
    Am I right?

Rudolf

ps don't forget to read my earlier stories
    boyttomline stays: I want to run the scanner on my new PC with Windows7 (or in the VM XPmode)
    I'm getting nuts!
    Please give me your comment(s), preferrable hints or tips.
    giovedì 4 febbraio 2010 21:10
  • For anyone having trouble with HP Drivers...  I just spent 4 hours banging my head about this issue.  Here is how I solved installing HP Printer Drivers for an HP C410 Scanner.  I sincerely hope this helps someone and saves them from hours of frustration.

1.  Downloaded the required Driver EXE file from HP's support website

2. Downloaded 7-Zip from http://7-zip.org/

3. Used 7-Zip to UNZIP the EXE to a Subdirectory

4. Used the[Add a printer] button in the Windows 2008 R2 "Devices and Printers" module

a. Clicked "Add a local printer"

b. Selected "FILE: (Print to File)" in Choose a printer port window

c. Clicked [Next]

d. Clicked [Have Disk..."

e.  Located the "hpC410.inf" file in the extract directory

f.  Selected the appropriate printer (HP Photosmart Prem C410 Series)

g. Clicked [Next]

h. Selected "Do not share this printer"

i.  Clicked [Next]

j. Clicked [Finish]

The printer driver was ready to roll.

Best regards,

Jacob

• Proposto come risposta JacobRusso martedì 26 giugno 2012 02:28
    martedì 26 giugno 2012 02:27