none
Start up disc could not be created: Error#: 0x80070057

Domanda

• Been trying to make up a Start up Repair disc for Windows 7 RC 7100.

As far as I can tell all Back up and Restore functions are working correctly.

When I try to make a disc all I get is a popup:  Start up disc could not be created: the parameter is incorrect: 0x80070057.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    domenica 10 maggio 2009 23:33

Risposte

• I figured it out. 

Boot up with the installation, click on repair, then the Command prompt type in recdisc, put a blank CD or DVD in the drive and you're off.

Thanks for the help everybody.
    lunedì 11 maggio 2009 12:24

Tutte le risposte

• I got a feeling that the System repair disc setup is not available in the beta versions.

lunedì 11 maggio 2009 02:09
  • I figured it out. 

Boot up with the installation, click on repair, then the Command prompt type in recdisc, put a blank CD or DVD in the drive and you're off.

Thanks for the help everybody.
    lunedì 11 maggio 2009 12:24
  • Hello David,
    "
    Thanks for your reply, But I did not understand with your statement "Boot up the intallation......... " can you please provide a step by step action.

Thanks in advance

Best Regards

Manish

lunedì 9 novembre 2009 04:39
  • The backup software DOES NOT WORK!!!  Microsoft DOES NOT CARE!!!!!

Obviously Vista and Windows 7 can't support backup.  They have failed and ripped me off twice snd I have spent weeks of time dealing with the consequences.  Search the Internet and you'll find soo many people on all types of computers with fresh clean installation that have this problem.

Vista's backup failed and NEVER worked.  MS support tried to work with me and after 3 months of every level of tech support could not fix the problem, they told me the answer was to wait for Windows 7 for the fix.  My Vista system had many major meltdowns. Having no backup or repair disk I was not able to recover and every few months I needed to spend a day rebuilding the operating system.

I resisted paying $100 for an upgrade to fix a problem that should have worked in Vista. Desperation must be Microsoft's marketing plan. I broke down and bought Windows 7 Pro, installed all the updates and ran the backup "Create a system Image".  It backed up to a Blu-Ray disk. at the end Windows asked if I wanted to create a "System Repair Disk"?   I selected to create one on a DVD in the Blu-Ray burner.  It FAILED giving me the error number I will remember as long as I live, 0x80070057.  I tried this again on the DVD burn and the same error occurred. 

Has anyone used a backup software that has restored Windows 7 or Vista from a major corruption?  I tried Acronis and it backed up but would not restore Vista.  I've considered Retrospect, has anyone used it?

Thanks Nick Brown nickb201 AT gmail DOT com

lunedì 9 maggio 2011 03:12