none
Audio Driver Conexant Cx20549 installed but not working - Windows 8

Domanda

• Hello Dears,

I have installed the Windows 8 in my HP 530 Notebook PC, and the audio driver is not working - is installed but does not play any sound. 

The audio driver is: Conexant Cx20549 @ Intel 82801GBM ICH7-M - High Definition Audio Controller

The motherboard is: Hewlett-Packard HP 530 Notebook PC

Troubleshootings so far:

Uninstalled the driver and updated it via Windows Center;

Tried to install the XP and Vista drivers in Compatibility and normal modes;

Anything else that should I try? Please, your support..

Thanks!

domenica 16 dicembre 2012 23:21

Risposte

• Always use original drivers from computer vendor first. Then try audio chip vendor's support page.

Quick look at HP driver page and I see there are legacy operating systems and neither W7 nor W8.

I am afraid that for legacy notebook it would be very hard to make some devices work as expected.

Rgds

Milos

martedì 18 dicembre 2012 08:12
  • Hi,

Also update BIOS and Chipset to the latest version. You can download it from HP official website.

Furthermore, I suggest to contact HP for further help. Maybe they have new driver for your audio card.

Leo Huang
    TechNet Community Support

martedì 18 dicembre 2012 09:32

Tutte le risposte

• Always use original drivers from computer vendor first. Then try audio chip vendor's support page.

Quick look at HP driver page and I see there are legacy operating systems and neither W7 nor W8.

I am afraid that for legacy notebook it would be very hard to make some devices work as expected.

Rgds

Milos

martedì 18 dicembre 2012 08:12
  • Hi,

Also update BIOS and Chipset to the latest version. You can download it from HP official website.

Furthermore, I suggest to contact HP for further help. Maybe they have new driver for your audio card.

Leo Huang
    TechNet Community Support

martedì 18 dicembre 2012 09:32