none
Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit 4.0 Available

Discussione generale

• Overview

The Microsoft Assessment and Planning (MAP) Toolkit is an agentless toolkit that finds computers on a network and performs a detailed inventory of the computers using Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) and the Remote Registry Service. The data and analysis provided by this toolkit can significantly simplify the planning process for migrating to Windows® 7, Windows Vista®, Microsoft Office 2007, Windows Server® 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008, Hyper-V, Microsoft Application Virtualization, Microsoft SQL Server 2008, and Forefront® Client Security and Network Access Protection. Assessments for Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, and Windows Vista include device driver availability as well as recommendations for hardware upgrades.

If you are interested in server virtualization planning, MAP provides the ability to gather performance metrics from computers you are considering for virtualization and a feature to model a library of potential host hardware and storage configurations. This information can be used to quickly perform "what-if" analysis using Hyper-V and Microsoft Virtual Server 2005 R2 as virtualization platforms.

Details can be found on TechNet on this page.

Windows Client IT Pro Audience Manager for Web Forums, Windows Client Forum Owner
    martedì 14 luglio 2009 17:57
    Proprietario

Tutte le risposte

• Hey where do we report problems with MAPT 4.0?

In W7 7100 64-bit with Office 2010 64-bit I get an error when building the report that it failed.

This wasn't an issue before Office 2010.

Vote for Freedom - Vote to Protect our Country
    giovedì 16 luglio 2009 16:22
  • Hi,

You can give us the log of the error that appears? I believe so we can know the error and how to resolve.

Regards,
    Alexandro Prado MVP Windows Desktop Experience MCT - Microsoft Certified Trainer
    lunedì 27 luglio 2009 18:10
    Postatore
  • I installed the latest version of MAP but under the Discovery and Readiness . I am missing the Office 2007 Assessment . On the startup page it does say under Client Office 2007 Assessment but its not available under the Left window.  Please help.
    giovedì 22 ottobre 2009 19:35
  • Turns out that Map 4.0 does not support office 2010. You will have to wait for the next version of MAP, or roll your office back to 2007.

Frank
    martedì 27 ottobre 2009 02:52
  • I suppose I have the same problem. I installed the latest version of MAP this morning in view of assessing our workstation readiness for Office 2007. But under the "Discovery and Readiness" section in the left panel, there's no item for Office 2007. I could see only readiness items for Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, and Windows Server 2008 R2. I wonder if I should install Office 2007 on the machines to see the Office 2007 item.
    giovedì 29 ottobre 2009 06:10
  • It's certainly ironic that a key tool to test for compatibility with Win 7  does not play nice with Office 2010.  It also doesn't help people who may be contemplating switching to Office 2010 when Microsoft's own products have issues with it (even though it seems like a version check issue with MAP).  I hope a new version of MAP will be released shortly.
    • Modificato rmahindru domenica 6 giugno 2010 20:41 typo
    domenica 6 giugno 2010 20:40