none
Is "WMVCore2.DLL" compatible with 64 bit Windows 7 Home Premium?

Domanda

• Is the "WMVCore2.DLL" compatible with the 64 bit Windows 7 Home Premium?

I ran Regsvr32 "c:\windows\system32\wmvcore2.dll" but keep getting this error:
    The module "c:\windows\system32\wmvcore2.dll" failed to load.
    Make sure the binary is stored at the specific path or debug it to check for problems with the binary or dependent .dll files .
    The specified module could not be found.

Is there a way to make it compatible?

sabato 7 agosto 2010 04:20

Risposte

• I think that file has to do with Media player (older versions), Is this is still about you getting the old mixer software working?

I think your best bet is purchase the upgrade (going from Express 5 or 6 cost 20.00 bucks, I think the newest version of win 7 64 bit is like 70.00 bucks..not much money to help ensure a stable system.

I suggest you purcahse the upgrade BUT if you are will to mess around with your system, you could try to drop the .dll into the software root folder and run

Regsvr32 "c:\(your apps path)\wmvcore.dll"
    the program should look there first for any .dll files anyway.

sabato 7 agosto 2010 16:05

Tutte le risposte

• There is no called wmvcore2.dll, only wmvcore.dll.
    "A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
    sabato 7 agosto 2010 14:28
  • There is no called wmvcore2.dll, only wmvcore.dll.

Yes, I know!

But, can it be installed into a 64 bit Windows 7 home premium system?

I need the file to run old software.

sabato 7 agosto 2010 15:43
  • I think that file has to do with Media player (older versions), Is this is still about you getting the old mixer software working?

I think your best bet is purchase the upgrade (going from Express 5 or 6 cost 20.00 bucks, I think the newest version of win 7 64 bit is like 70.00 bucks..not much money to help ensure a stable system.

I suggest you purcahse the upgrade BUT if you are will to mess around with your system, you could try to drop the .dll into the software root folder and run

Regsvr32 "c:\(your apps path)\wmvcore.dll"
    the program should look there first for any .dll files anyway.

sabato 7 agosto 2010 16:05
  • Yeah, it's me still trying to find a solution to running the old mixmeister sw.

It's not about the money to upgrade. I have no interest in the "newer" versions. The reality is this. Over the years, I've learned the nuances of the software and essentially mastered the program. I've made some quality mixes using this version of Mixmeister.

I'd really love to have it running on my new pc, and will patiently wait for a solution.

sabato 7 agosto 2010 16:27
  • I'm in the same boat.  I'm using Mixmeister Pro 6.  It was working fine a month ago and then I went on vacation.  When I got back from vacation, I turned on my computer and all of a sudden it wouldn't load.  The small splash screen that proceeds the program actually loading would appear, but it would never load.  I can't end process either....no matter how many times I try.  The only way to get the splash screen to go away is to reboot.

I agree with your preference of using the older version.  I hate the newer versions.

I have to believe that one of the windows updates did something that resulted in mixmeister having a conflict.  I even reloaded my system in hopes that it would resolve my problem.  No luck.  Does anyone know how to find out what the hangup could be?  Any way to see what's going on behind the scenes?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

sabato 4 settembre 2010 23:33