none
Generic USB Hub is Disabled

Domanda

• A computer I am trouble shooting (HP 430 Notebook), is having problem with USB Devices (all of them). It seems that a quick temporary fix was to enable the device status in the device manager, here the catch, if I remove the usb device, lets say USB Mouse, then plug it back in the laptop won't detect the device and to my shock, when I took a peak back at device manager, the Generic USB Hub device entry is disabled. Can any body help me with this problem?

Summary:
    USB Devices that are unplugged then replug makes the Generic USB Hub device entry in the device manager disable. Enabling them manually makes the device work again.
    mercoledì 27 giugno 2012 18:25

Risposte

• Hi,

Please try to reinstall USB controller for a test.

I.        Use the Mouse

Disconnect all the USB devices and perform the following steps:

a.    Click the Start button, type devmgmt.msc in the Start Search box and press Enter.

b.    In Device Manager, double click to expand Universal Serial Bus controllers, right click on the Host Controller, click Uninstall and click OK.

c.    Repeat step b to uninstall all the items under Universal Serial Bus controllers.

d.    Restart your computer and Windows 7 will reinstall all the USB controllers automatically.

II.        Use the Keyboard

Disconnect all the USB devices and perform the following steps:

a.    Press "Ctrl + Esc" to open the Start menu.

b.    Type devmgmt.msc in the Search bar and press Enter.

c.    In Device Manger, press Tab and use "Up" and "Down" to move the highlight to Universal Serial Bus Controllers.

d.    Press "Right" and expand it.

e.    Press "Down" to move to the first item and press "Delete" to remove it.

f.     Repeat the step e and uninstall all items under Universal Serial Bus Controllers.

Juke Chou

TechNet Community Support

venerdì 29 giugno 2012 10:01
    Moderatore