none
PCI Serial Port and PCI Simple Communications Controller Drivers for Windows 7 Enterprise

Domanda

• I have installed Windows 7 Enterprise on a Dell e6500 and cannot find drivers for the PCI Serial Port and PCI Simple Communications Controller. I tried the Vista drivers on Dell Driver downloads site and after attempting to install them, I get an error saying that they are incompatible with the OS. Any suggestions as to where I can find compatible drivers?

giovedì 13 agosto 2009 16:47

Risposte

• I actually contacted Dell about the issue and they told me that they did not support Windows 7 until October 22nd.

After the initial install failed, I tried to update the driver and searched the folder created by the failed installation. It found a driver it liked and installed it. I guess the incompatibility was with the .exe file and not the driver itself.

Here is the link for the drivers: http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=bsdr&catid=&impid=&os=WNET&osl=en&SystemID=LAT_E6500

They are both under Vista 32-bit Chipset:

Intel_AMT-HECI_A00_R192786.exe

Intel_AMT-SOL-LMS_A00_R192787.exe

As of now, all drivers are installed and working properly. No problems on the laptop of on the network.

• Contrassegnato come risposta MikeB82 giovedì 20 agosto 2009 21:30
    giovedì 20 agosto 2009 21:30

Tutte le risposte

• Ditto for the Dell OptiPlex 760. I haven't tried for any download from Dell yet but suspect the same as above.

mercoledì 19 agosto 2009 21:46
  • Mike,

Take a look at the suggestions in this post:  http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itprohardware/thread/80cae5ee-dc98-4a2f-8284-a1ab826059b7

If that doesn't work, can you provide a link to the package you were using please?

Thanks,
    Mark
    Want to know if your hardware will work on Windows 7? Check out these links: **Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor ** **Microsoft Logo'd Hardware List**
    giovedì 20 agosto 2009 01:46
  • I actually contacted Dell about the issue and they told me that they did not support Windows 7 until October 22nd.

After the initial install failed, I tried to update the driver and searched the folder created by the failed installation. It found a driver it liked and installed it. I guess the incompatibility was with the .exe file and not the driver itself.

Here is the link for the drivers: http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=bsdr&catid=&impid=&os=WNET&osl=en&SystemID=LAT_E6500

They are both under Vista 32-bit Chipset:

Intel_AMT-HECI_A00_R192786.exe

Intel_AMT-SOL-LMS_A00_R192787.exe

As of now, all drivers are installed and working properly. No problems on the laptop of on the network.

• Contrassegnato come risposta MikeB82 giovedì 20 agosto 2009 21:30
    giovedì 20 agosto 2009 21:30
  • I downloaded some similar drivers that worked for me on a Dell Optiplex 755.  Keep in mind, the install programs did not want to run, however, once the folder were extracted, I simply pointed the "update driver" option at each directory and it found them quickly both times.

(Basically I used any of the Vista 32-bit drivers for the 755 and they worked - including the sound card driver.)

Intel AMT HECI A01 R194011.exe

Intel AMT SOL/ LMS  A01 R194010.exe

mercoledì 28 ottobre 2009 18:58
  • I found these on Dell.com for my Optiplex 760 running Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.  The executables run and install the drivers perfectly.

INTEL_AMT-SOL--LMS_A01_R229705.exe

INTEL_AMT-HECI_A01_R229703.exe
    lunedì 11 gennaio 2010 04:17
  • I have search for the files and could not find them. Could you please send me a link to download these drivers. I am using Vista Business w/Dell Optiplex 755. Thank you, in advance for your help!

Cordially,

Thelma Navarre

venerdì 16 luglio 2010 18:06
  • I have the premium version of 7 on a Gigabyte, build your own.

I was also told about the amt bios file upgrade...is there a trusted third party out there ?

Steven D. Harrington
    sabato 31 dicembre 2011 23:47