none
Stop a program from running automatically when windows vista starts.

질문

•  

These are the instructions I am unable to click on enable, disable, remove buttons the are light gray. Can anyone help? TIA

Stop a program from running automatically when Windows starts

You can improve your computer's performance by preventing unnecessary programs from running automatically when Windows starts. Here's how:

Open Windows Defender by clicking the Start button , clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Defender.

Click the Tools button, and then click Software Explorer.

In the Category box, click Startup Programs.

Select the program that you want to prevent from running, and then click Disable.

Click Yes to confirm that you want to stop that program from running.

Repeat steps 4 and 5 for every program you want stop from running.

2008년 11월 26일 수요일 오후 9:09

답변

• Hi,

First you need to make sure you are running an account with administrator privileges.

Second I would like to know if your computer is in a domain. If so, this setting can be controlled by the domain group policy. Therefore, the buttons for some programs are grayed out. However, you may still be able to control some third-party software at startup. For my system, these buttons for Microsoft Windows Explorer are grayed out but for Messenger and Adobe Acrobat are not grayed out.

Actually, we can enable or disable startup programs using the following method:

1. Click Start, type "MSCONFIG" (without the quotations) in the Search Bar and Press "Enter" to start the System Configuration Utility.

Note: Please click Continue if the "User Account Control" window pops up.

2. Click the "Services" tab, check the "Hide All Microsoft Services" box. Uncheck the box before the items which you would like to disable at startup.

3. Click the "Startup" tab, click "Disable All" and click "OK". Uncheck the box before the items which you would like to disable at startup.

4. Restart the computer and these services and programs will be disabled at startup.

Please understand that we mainly discuss Deployment issues in this forum. As this issue is mainly related to Windows Defender, I recommend discussing it in our Windows Vista Applications forum.

http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=722&SiteID=17

Hope it helps.

Tim Quan - MSFT

2008년 12월 1일 월요일 오전 6:51