none
how to delete or reduce size WINSXS in Windows 7

질문

• hi , i'm using windows 7 . it's WINSXS folder size is around 6 GB. what is this Folder ?

Can i delete or reduce size in that ?

Regards, COMDINI
    2011년 9월 4일 일요일 오후 3:30

답변

• The WinSXS folder stores files that were updated by Windows Update.  This allows you the ability to revert or uninstall any updates that were previously installed.  You can remove this folder, but that action removes that ability to revert changes.
    If you found this post helpful, please "Vote as Helpful". If it answered your question, remember to "Mark as Answer".

Rich Prescott | MCITP, MCTS, MCP

[Blog] Engineering Efficiency | [Twitter] @Rich_Prescott | [Powershell GUI] Client System Administration toolkit
    2011년 9월 4일 일요일 오후 3:44

모든 응답

• The WinSXS folder stores files that were updated by Windows Update.  This allows you the ability to revert or uninstall any updates that were previously installed.  You can remove this folder, but that action removes that ability to revert changes.
    If you found this post helpful, please "Vote as Helpful". If it answered your question, remember to "Mark as Answer".

Rich Prescott | MCITP, MCTS, MCP

[Blog] Engineering Efficiency | [Twitter] @Rich_Prescott | [Powershell GUI] Client System Administration toolkit
    2011년 9월 4일 일요일 오후 3:44
  • Microsoft understated the real system requirements to keep a Windows 7/Vista system running. System requirements at install time may be 15 GB of free disk space but over time, this number increases to alarming levels. You can find out the real size of the WinSxS folder using a tool like cttruesize (ctts.exe) (download it from http://www.heise.de/software/download/cttruesize/50272 and run ctts -la -a -l C:\Windows to find the correct size minus the hard links which MS says causes Explorer to misreport the WinSxS folder size but the fact remains that even with the correctly calculated size, the system requirements of Windows 7 to keep it updated are unacceptable, especially for people's SSDs which are running out of disk space!
    • 답변으로 제안됨 xpclient 2012년 3월 25일 일요일 오전 11:55
    • 편집됨 xpclient 2012년 3월 25일 일요일 오전 11:55
    2012년 3월 25일 일요일 오전 11:55
  • For people that are running virtural why not allow moving this folder to a different drive. All applications want to load into drive C: to some degree and that takes more space. Why not move the folder to a different drive upon request. I am running a virtural environment and of the 25 gig space, 20 is taken by the winsxs folder. That is nuts. I only have an anti-virus and the normail windows files (win7) with no applications yet.

I even tried to remove some of the files and that is a no go. Maybe that will be a fix for the next version of windows 8

2013년 6월 21일 금요일 오후 1:35