none
Win 7 upgrade error message "Windows could not complete the installation. To install Windows on this computer, restart the installation."

질문

• Help!   Am stuck in a loop trying to install Win 7 Ultimate over Win Vista Ultimate, both 64bit.

Win 7 install fails almost at end with error message "Windows could not complete the installation.  To install Windows on this computer, restart the installation."  When I restart I have two boot options:  Win 7 or setup.

Selecting Win 7 takes me back to same error msg.

Setup takes me to an Administrator:CMD.EXE box with this msg:  "This environment should only be used to recover from a failed installation.  Type EXIT and press Enter to resume installation."  Typing EXIT simply restarts the computer and I'm back to the two boot options.

How do I get out of this loop or use the CMD.EXE box to recover from the failed installation.

Thanks in advance.
    2009년 11월 13일 금요일 오전 5:40

모든 응답

• I am having the exact same problem. I can't find a way out of this loop. I backed up vista before I started but I can't get 7 past this stage to uninstall or whatever else I can do. I hope someone can help, thanks.
    2009년 11월 15일 일요일 오전 4:14
  • I am having the same issue and I can't restart the installation because I downloaded it. I am lost as to what to do now. Thank god I could borrow someone else's computer to look for an answer. I am hoping someone can tell me what to type into the cmd prompt to continue the installtions.
    2009년 11월 16일 월요일 오전 3:42
  • 2009년 11월 16일 월요일 오전 4:45
  • This article did not solve the issue and I still only have the cmd prompt as an option. Like I said I downloaded the update so wiping my laptop is not an option
    2009년 11월 16일 월요일 오후 3:17
  • i have found a way to get to get around this and right to the desktop with no problems at all

when this message comes up simply open task manager and go to processes scroll down the list till you see audit.exe right click on it and click end process automatically sends you to the desktop.

• 답변으로 제안됨 parkygl 2011년 2월 28일 월요일 오전 1:08
    • 답변으로 제안 취소됨 Carey FrischMVP, Moderator 2011년 7월 14일 목요일 오전 1:39
    2011년 1월 8일 토요일 오후 2:27
  • I have tried to get to Task Manager by pressing CTRl+ALT+DEL keys but it did not pop up

The loop still continues can someone help me on the way out? I have no option than to upgrade my Vista Ultimate to Window 7 Ultimate.  Can someone help me here.

2011년 7월 13일 수요일 오후 9:53
  • This worked for me.  However, when I restart the computer I get the "Windows cannot complete the installation ..." message again and have to go through the process again.  Is there any way to solve this completely?  Thanks.
    2011년 8월 14일 일요일 오후 7:38